Oberon FMR, Inc.
Title: Plant Manager
Oberon FMR, aColorado-based biotech firm, seeks a skilled and highly motivated individual torealize a unique opportunity at a flagship facility to be constructed nearTrenton, Ohio. At the outset ofemployment, the individual hired will participate in build-out for thisfacility and hiring of operating staff. Uponproject completion, this individual will manage a facility producing a novel feedingredient derived from the nutrients in beverage processing water. The position reports to Oberon’s VP of ManufacturingDevelopment.
· On-site coordination and reporting for third-partyconstruction efforts
· Assistance in hiring plant operator personnel
· Training and management of plant operators
· Start-up of new equipment (including pilotequipment if necessary) and systems fora smooth transition to full facility operation
· Assurance of full facility functionality and efficient,continuous production of feed ingredient; these duties will include managingthe following: plant budget for operations and maintenance, daily workassignments and reports, and other assigned duties as deemed necessary toassure successful operation
· Implementation of health and safety program, QA/QCplan, and sanitation plan
· Assurance of permit compliance for effluent froma biological wastewater treatment plant
· Management of third-party warehousing
· Promotion of positive relationship with thefacility host at which Oberon’s production will be co-located
· Consistent presence at plant site and predictiveattendance at scheduled meetings and teleconferences
· Detailed understanding of industrial wastewater treatment, with special experiencein activated sludge processes and biological control techniques; Ohio Class IIwastewater operator certification must be achieved within 9 months of hire date
· Feed and/or food plant experience with processequipment including mechanical dewatering, sterilization, thermal drying, conveyance,storage, and packaging
· Analytical experience related to process controland quality assurance efforts for both wastewater treatment and food/feedproduction
· Construction management experience
· Supervisory experience
· Impeccable safety record
· Excellent interpersonal skills bolstered by acollaborative work style and effective communication
The idealcandidate will be an entrepreneurial individual who has been responsible forthe operation of a biological wastewater treatment facility either before orafter holding a similar position of responsibility in a feed and/or food plant. This individual will be capable of moderatephysical exertion and dexterity in an environment where exposure to elementsincluding weather, dirt, dust, fumes, darkness and/or noise may occur; the workenvironment involves daily proximity to mechanical equipment as well aschemical and electrical hazards. Allwork-related risks will be mitigated by company-provided PPE and adherence tothe company’s health and safety plan and policies for a tobacco-free and drug-freeworkplace.
Oberon recognizesthe unique qualifications, great responsibility, and potentially irregularscheduling engendered in this position and has designed a highly attractivecompensation package for the individual hired.
Reply: Please send résumé to email@example.com “Trenton Plant Manager Hire” in subject line.
Back to Job List
Apply to this Job