Join the FLNA Sustainability Team! Within Supply Chain, we are fast-paced, results-oriented team leading the way in Performance with Purpose (PwP) to meet goals in Planet, People, and Products. The team develops strategies and executes programs to deliver productivity and meet overall company goals in greenhouse gas reduction, water usage, waste-to-landfill, recycling, and many other areas. You can feel great about doing well in your career while also doing good for the company and planet.
- Develop and execute Strategic Action Plan for FLNA water & wastewater financial performance, optimized plant daily operation, and potential impact on regulatory compliance
- Develop and lead the water usage reduction model and pathway, portfolio of projects, and pipeline to meet the water goal
- Provide expertise and guidance to internal and external partners and stakeholders concerning overall water and waste water performance, operation, equipment/system design, risks, etc
- Lead scope development, scope management, project leadership and execution of identified projects that are executed safely, ethically and, on-schedule and within or below budget in accordance with established budgets
- Identification, development, and reapplication of field best practices nationally for optimized operation
- Training and coaching of field operations to build capability and optimize daily operation
This Sustainability Manager role is responsible for leading the overall strategy and approach required to meet the 25% improvement in water usage efficiency. The role will also be responsible for leading water project engineer(s) to execute projects in the field and to identify and develop a pipeline of future practices and technology to deliver year-over-year results. The role will plan and define program goals and devises methods to accomplish them, and develop in-depth knowledge of PepsiCo capital and operating expense expectations and objectives, contract and legal terms, and corporate policies. Typical site or national projects range between $1- $10 million in Total Installed Cost (TIC).
The water reduction pathway may affect waste water discharge performance, so there is a strong tie to the waste water equipment and operational approach. Therefore, this role will also have accountability for ensuring the water and waste water technology and operations strategies harmonize, and that waste water projects are scoped, planned, and executed to meet overall cost and performance targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, chemical, environmental or mechanical engineering. Other technical degrees may be considered
- Current Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or EIT preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including ability convey technical presentations to non-technical audiences and senior leaders
- Ability to recruit, build, mentor, and foster an engineering team as a leader
- Demonstrated technical and business case proposal development and selling to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong passion to engage partners and stakeholders to identify and execute new projects
- Demonstrated project management experience, including financial responsibility, budgeting, scheduling, vendor management, execution and startup/commissioning
- Five to Six (6) years’ experience in the water/wastewater industry plant operation, process commissioning and process design; with emphasis on plant/process evaluation, headworks analysis, equipment/facility design and construction
- Industrial and/or Municipal wastewater collection/treatment consultant and industry relationships
- Able to work well in a team environment, coordinate team activities, with minimum direct supervision
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Strong analytical & problem solving abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
www.pepsico.com/careers Job # 161006BR