Salary: $77,521.60 - $112,715.20 Annually
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale.
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process, and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state "See resume" in lieu of answering. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
About The Position
This position leads, plans, organizes, and monitors all activities related to the maintenance of electrical, electronic systems for the Water Resources Department. Manages staff responsible for electrical, electronic controls, electronic data collection, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), mechanical maintenance and pump maintenance for the Water Resources Department.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of this position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include oral board interview and skills assessment. Final selection is contingent upon a background check which includes:
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
Click here to view the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
Education and Experience
- An Associate's Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Five years of experience in managing, maintaining and repairing electrical or electronic equipment Medium voltage (1-35 kV) and Low Voltage (600 V and below) and installing, maintaining, calibrating and repairing motors, pumps and pressure reducing valves for a water and/or wastewater system.
- Must have at least one year of Lead or Supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Must possess upon hire or promotion and maintain a Grade 4 certification from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality in either Water Treatment or Water Distribution.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Supervises employees and coordinates personnel-related activities to include, but not limited to: training, approving work schedules, recommending/approving personnel actions, coaching and counseling, establishing performance goals, and writing performance evaluations.
- Plans assigns and supervises the work of skilled instrumentation and electrical workers engaged in the construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of a variety of electronic and electrical controls, and related components. This includes 12.5K volts, 4160 volt, 480 volt and 120 volt equipment.
- Manages technical personnel involved in the development, installation, calibration and maintenance of the motors, pumps and pressure reducing equipment used throughout the entire water system.
- Oversees the HVAC functions of the Division.
- Provides direction and assistance to the HVAC personnel in the maintenance of all equipment as well as budgeting and contract administration.
- Oversees the maintenance, operation, and enhancement of existing electrical and electronic systems.
- Trains department personnel on the use of various systems.
- Reviews proposals and oversees projects to ensure technical and departmental requirements are met in addition to monitoring consultant and contractor performance.
- Forecasts and budgets for electronic, electrical, HVAC and pump equipment in the Water Resources Department.
- Implements policies and procedures as required.
- Determines compliance with prescribed operating and safety procedures.
- Assists in budget preparation, implementation and tracking.
- Participates in the process for forecasting additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Provides technical information for projects as requested by others in Water Resources for projects involving computer technology.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Some exposure to dust, noise, inclement weather, temperature extremes and unpleasant odors, high voltage equipment.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Travel to/from various City locations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: t is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Deadline: July 06, 2020