Salary: $67,294.76 - $87,483.24 Annually
SUMMARY: The Wastewater Treatment Plant Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day installation, maintenance and repair of buildings, electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment used at the City of Brookfield Wastewater treatment plant. Candidates must be familiar with and qualified to work on computers and computer systems including plant and lift station SCADA systems, plant LAN, servers, PLC's and PLC programming, ladder logic, SCC's and computer communication networks. This position also provides supervision and technical support for maintenance and efficiency of the functions performed by maintenance employees. This position may perform skilled and manual labor from time to time. Reports for duty in emergency situations.
Examples of Duties
- Supervises maintenance crews' repairs or replacement of equipment as identified by the Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager or maintenance program.Enters or supervises entry of work orders and updates computerized maintenance program.
- Troubleshoots and repairs problems associated with mechanical equipment or high voltage electrical components or devices, including plant and lift station controls, and reprogramming computer or communication software.
- Determines need for parts and maintains inventories, orders repair parts and replacement equipment with appropriate approvals.
- Researches and evaluates maintenance services and effectiveness, providing recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Manages and implements action for solving emergency situations.Recommends methods and procedures to prevent or eliminate future emergency situations.
- Establishes priorities, works with deadlines, and works with various skill levels and employee physical restrictions.
- Performs facility inspections.
- Provides technical support to plant staff and engineers.Supervises and inspects contractor work on premises.
- Familiar with and qualified to work on computers, computer systems and networks, PLC's and PLC programming.
- Knowledge and experience with repair of HVAC equipment.
- Assigns preventative maintenance tasks on schedule.Provides recommendations regarding equipment repair or replacement.
- Promotes and maintains positive departmental public relations with other City department staff and the community in general.
- Responds or refers complaints to the appropriate person.
- Directs the selection, training, supervision, evaluation, and discipline of assigned wastewater treatment staff.
- Conducts maintenance and safety training for employees.
- Reviews purchase orders, invoices, and monitors department expenditures.Estimates and orders materials for assigned projects.
- Maintains a manufacturer's literature library and equipment inventory.
Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
- Associate's Degree in science, engineering, business, or related field or 5 years of specialized or technical training in electrical repair.
- At least 5 years experience in maintenance of electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to operate lifting devices, torches, welders, and other tools associated with repair work.
- Knowledge of diagnostic testing equipment for instrumentation repair.
- At least 1 year supervisory experience, preferably in a public sector wastewater treatment plant.
- Must have a valid electrical maintenance license.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver's License.