WQ Assistant Chemist
California Water Service
California Water Service
The Assistant Chemist is responsible for performing complex routine analysis, reviewing QA/QC for contract lab data packages, and performing subsequent data entry. The position is located in San Jose, CA.
- Perform routine and advance analytical testing of water in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Analyze samples using wet chemistry procedures and advance instruments including but not limited to gas chromatographs, gas chromatographs/Mass spectrometry, Ion Chromatography, Inductively Coupled Plasma, etc.
- Analyze annual Proficiency Testing (PT) samples as required to maintain laboratory certification.
- Assist in new instruments procurement, methods development, and ELAP certification process for new methods.
- Prepare chemical standards and reagents; perform sample preparations as needed including extractions - Liquid/Liquid, SPE, etc.
- Using LIMS for data analysis, reporting, record keeping, data entry, and sample control.
- Analyze raw and treated water samples from wells, surface water sources, distribution systems, customer homes, etc.
- Implement the monitoring schedule for inorganic and/or organic samples, sort samples for analysis; verify that all scheduled samples have been received and track missing samples.
- Perform necessary QA/QC measures to ensure compliance with the laboratory Quality Control/Quality Assurance Program.
- Assist with the assembly of sample kits for district sample collection when necessary.
- Review and track analytical results for regulatory compliance; in-house and contract laboratory data.
- Provide data interpretation for Water Quality Program Managers and customers.
- Purchase supplies, monitor laboratory inventory for supplies, and assist with laboratory annual cost analysis.
- Perform assignments in accordance with safety rules, regulations and emergency procedures, laboratory chemical hygiene plan, etc.
- Provide weekend coverage if required - special condition!
- Participates in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities (Shipping and Receiving Room).
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, microbiology, biology, or related field with three year of experience working in laboratory environment, supporting microbiological or chemical analysis.
- Two years of experience as a Junior Chemist.
- Have a working knowledge of EPA methods, the EPA Manual for the Certification of Laboratories, Standard Methods, and Title 22, where appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid California driver's license.
Salary Range: $91,798 - $127,203
Deadline to submit resume is Monday, November 21, 2022.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3613231
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.