The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) is an economic development agency of the federal government and 13 state governments focusing on 420 counties across the Appalachian Region. ARC’s mission is to innovate, partner, and invest to build community capacity and strengthen economic growth in Appalachia to help the Region achieve socioeconomic parity with the nation. www.arc.gov
ARC seeks a Program Analyst to work with the Critical Infrastructure Team. Work responsibilities include: 1) Reviewing and managing a portfolio of federal grant projects related to physical infrastructure (water, sewer, gas, electricity, etc), downtown redevelopment, natural/cultural infrastructure and broadband development. 2) Collaborating with communities and state partners to improve deployment of grant funds towards critical infrastructure investments. 3) Developing innovative strategies and partnerships with key organizations to advance smart technologies and entrepreneurial approaches to improving the region’s infrastructure.
• Experience in community economic development, with an emphasis on rural areas and an appreciation for barriers in rural areas and an ability to creatively pursue solutions suited to low income rural areas
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: building construction, site development, downtown/Main Street development, natural resource management, water resource management, energy-related development, broadband deployment and brownfield development
• Grants management processes and techniques consistent with sound business and industry practices including ability to monitor and administer assigned grants and develop specialized agreements for grants
• Ability to facilitate diverse groups and individuals, including federal, state and local partners, to advance their goals in a consultative and collaborative manner.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment; bring an energetic and innovative approach to work
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in a related field
• Successful completion (prior to hire) and maintenance of background security review
• Ability to travel (25%)
ARC offers a collaborative work environment, a convenient location near Dupont Circle, and a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, retirement, paid time off, commuting subsidy, professional development, etc. This is not a federal position; however, if a federal employee is selected for this position and transfers without a break in service of more than three calendar days, he or she may be able to continue his or her retirement and life/health insurance benefits. ARC generally follows the General Schedule Salary Table of the Federal government. ARC’s grades denoted by “NF” are equivalent to the federal grade(s) on the GS chart.
ARC is an equal opportunity employer. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Allison Thiriez at 202.884.7712 or at firstname.lastname@example.org