Electronic Systems Technicians (ESTs) develop, install, calibrate, maintain, configure, operate and troubleshoot data collection equipment and instrumentation for monitoring sewer flow, rain fall, and pump station operations and alarms at 200 remote monitoring locations. ESTs perform technical duties requiring knowledge and understanding of SCADA systems, network configuration, network security, and radio communications. ESTs perform field and office work using electronic devices such as computers, test and measurement equipment to verify, calibrate evaluate and troubleshoot data collection and data accuracy. ESTs must have and maintain the physical capability to work in inclement weather, perform confined space entries, work at heights, and to perform off-hour on-call duties for emergency response to communication failures and critical system failures.
|The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
Applicants must also possess:
- Ability to perform data evaluation and maintenance using effective troubleshooting skills and judgment.
- Ability to perform standard practices and procedures to install, configure, maintain, calibrate and operate instrumentation and communication equipment in municipal wastewater and stormwater collection system.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to apply network security to network enabled SCADA and communication equipment.
- Ability to perform effective written and oral communications such as documentation for standard operating and maintenance procedures, and record information to support data maintenance, equipment tracking, and maintain system records on monitoring stations.
- Ability to fully participate in all field work in and around confined spaces, at heights and installation of instrumentation at remote monitoring locations including rooftops, underground pump stations and sewers.
- A valid state driver's license and an acceptable driving record at the time of hire;
- Confined Space Entry certification required post-hire;
- In-person lift certification required post-hire;
- Limited Energy Class A Technician license required.
OPTIONAL INFORMATION SESSION
To assist you in understanding this position and the recruitment process, we will offer two Optional Information Sessions that will provide you with details about the position and about the application process. You are not required to attend to apply for this job.
East Portland Community Center
740 SE 106th Ave, Poolside Room #2
Portland, OR 97216
Thursday, February 21, 2019
6:00 - 7:00 pm
400 SW 6th Ave, Elk Conference Room
Portland, OR 97204
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
5:30 - 6:30 pm
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland is committed to offering medical, dental, vision, basic life, and long-term disability coverage that provides quality care, support and value to eligible employees and their family members. Additional benefits such as flexible spending accounts, supplemental life insurance and employee assistance program coverage is available to ensure employees have the appropriate tools to safeguard themselves and their family.