This position is in the Regional Wastewater Reclamation Department. Open Until Filled.
Salary Grade: 59
Supervises and participates in the work of professional hydrology staff in the creation, review and analysis of hydrologic and hydraulic reports and studies, approves/disapproves floodplain use permit applications, evaluates groundwater quality and directs the study and placement of remote sensing equipment. This classification also represents the Flood Control District or Wastewater Management as a technical expert in assessment and maintenance of groundwater quality, permissible floodplain use and management, channel design and related technical issues.
An assessment may be administered.
(1) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in hydrology, hydrogeology, geology, earth science, atmospheric science, environmental science, civil engineering, agricultural engineering, or environmental engineering, or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of the recruitment and six years of experience in hydrology, hydrogeology or watershed management.
(A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the cited disciplines may substitute for one year of experience. An earned doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in one of the cited disciplines may substitute for two years of experience.)
(2) Eight years of professional experience in hydrology, hydrogeology or watershed management.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience interpreting geologic, hydrologic, and environmental data. Familiarity with groundwater modeling and water quality impact of wastewater on rivers, aquifers, and aquifer recharge.
- Experience writing technical reports, describing surface water flow, groundwater flow, and the environmental effect of changes in water quality on surface water and groundwater.
- Familiarity with state and federal regulations related to aquifer protection permits, surface water discharge permits, recharge permits, wells, and water rights.
- Familiarity with design, installation, and maintenance of monitoring wells and pumps.
- Experience managing contractors.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Service's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Item: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Some positions may require working in the field in extremes of temperature, sun, wind, rain and dusty conditions for protracted periods. Additional physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position. A post-offer physical will be required.
Apply online: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pima.
For additional information visit: www.pima.gov/hr
Human Resources Department
150 W Congress, 4th Floor
Tucson AZ 85747