Salary: $69,629.04 - $104,443.87 Annually
Responsible for the management and operations of the Road and Drainage District field division. Work is performed under the direction of the Operations and Maintenance Manager.
- Assists with the supervision of the Facilities Maintenance and the Road and Drainage Section Administrators and administrative staff.
- Establishes and manages comprehensive maintenance programs for all City-owned infrastructure, buildings and grounds.
- Develops and maintains automated work order system for more efficient customer service and performance reporting.
- Provides effective leadership based on communication and support, sets work standards and goals, performs employee evaluations, and serves an active role in hiring, discipline and discharge of staff.
- Ensures coordination with the City's Capital Improvement Plan.
- Analyzes quotes, selects vendors and contractors.
- Supervises the installation and maintenance of all traffic control devices, street lights, parking lot lights, and pedestrian lights.
- Make contact with residents and customers in person, by phone or via email to address the issues or concerns in a tactful and timely manner in order to provide excellent service.
- Monitors work activities for the Divisions to ensure appropriate staffing level to perform specialized tasks in the construction, renovation, modification, installation, repair and maintenance of City equipment, infrastructure and facilities.
- Prepares cost analysis in an effort to keep repair and maintenance expenses at a minimum.
- Assists with landscape design, implementation and maintenance.
- Develops requests for proposals, requests for bids, and project estimates.
- Assists the Operations and Maintenance Manager in budget development.
- Responds to requests of complaints received through telephone, correspondence, or in person.
- Evaluates employee work performance makes recommendations to the Operations and Maintenance Manager concerning disciplinary actions of personnel.
- Maintains a positive, safe and productive work environment for staff.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related duties as assigned, including City-directed work assignments in the event of a declared emergency.)