As a member of the Public Works team, incumbents in this position performs skilled and semi-skilled task assignments necessary to the operation and maintenance of the water distribution systems as may be directed. Operates and maintains equipment necessary to achieving these service objectives. Is assigned to On-Call duties on a 24 hour per day basis according to a schedule of rotational assignment developed by the Utilities Supervisor, Division Manager and/or Public Works Director for weekly service.
Work Schedule: Generally Monday-Friday; 7:00 – 3:30, may include weekend, on-call, after-hours meetings and problem resolution as needed.
Pay Range: $21.63 to $23.80 per hour
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- One (1) year related experience in water distribution preferred, which should include basic hands-on mechanical experience with functional knowledge of pumps, valves, fire hydrants and meters.
- Intermediate computer skills are preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training, experience and education that provides evidence the candidate possesses the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- A valid Colorado Class B Commercial Driver's License with tank endorsement that meets the Town of Windsor’s standards; ability to maintain throughout employment.
- Colorado Class (1) Water Distribution certification or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
- Colorado Class (1) Wastewater Collection certification or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
- Flagger / Traffic Control Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- FEMA Certifications 100, 200 and 700 or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
Go to the web site (@windsorgov.com) or in person at Town Hall, 301 Walnut Street, Windsor, CO 80550
- Completed Town of Windsor Application
- Current Resume