The South Adams County Water and Sanitation District is dedicated to providing affordable, sustainable water resources including quality water, wastewater and related services to our customers in a manner that promotes public health, safety and quality of life. We are looking to add an individual to our DC Development department.
This position works with the Development department:
- Conducting utility locates– locating water, irrigation and sewer utilities of the District
- Coordinates on-site locate requests with developers, contractors and others
- Completes post construction walk-throughs and attend to the punchlist
- Assist in performing inspection of new District infrastructure installation as part of new subdivision developments
- May also assist in maintenance, repair and installation of collection, distribution and irrigation lines as needed
- May respond to emergency locate requests after hours
- Maintains appropriate electronic and paper files, logs and requests
The qualified candidate may participate in the on-call rotation schedule.
Qualified candidates should have a High School Diploma OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid, current Driver’s License required. Minimum of Colorado Distribution and Collection System Certifications Level I necessary.
A minimum of five (5) years experience in utility, water or wastewater distribution or collection systems, or related construction, locate and/or inspection experience. Demonstrated ability to locate, along with solid knowledge of operations and maintenance of transmission, distribution & collection systems lines, hydrants, pumps, controls, and equipment including repair and construction.
Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Solid problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills required. Must be able to adapt to changing priorities, procedures, conditions and circumstances, along with the solid ability to work independently and take ownership of a project.
This position is primarily a field position. Ability to lift up to 60 lbs frequently is necessary.
Application Deadline Friday December 14, 2018 at 2:00 pm (mt)
Successful candidate will be required to complete a drug screen and background check prior to employment.
Email resumes to email@example.com or visit www.sacwsd.org for more info