The Ocean Reef Community Association (ORCA), located in North Key Largo, FL, has a Full-Time position available for a Wastewater & Water Treatment Plant Superintendent. The Wastewater & Water Treatment Plant Superintendent will oversee all of the operations of the Advanced Treatment Wastewater Plant and Reverse Osmosis Irrigation Water Plant.
SPECIFIC DUTIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Follows general policy guidance of Ocean Reef Community Association (ORCA) and North Key Largo Utility Corp (NKLUC).
- Oversees the day to day management of people and resources associated with the Advanced Treatment Wastewater and Reverse Osmosis Irrigation Water Plants.
- Coordinates activities to ensure production in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ensures compliance to safety rules and requirements.
- Develops and implements all plant policies and procedures.
- Plans and organizes employee assignments. Implements necessary changes to ensure efficient and timely operations.
- Analyzes and maintains budget requests for all operations.
- Implements and maintains environmental health and safety for all production activities.
- Provides oversight, training, and development to employees.
- Ensures optimal utilization of all analytical tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regulations pertaining to Advanced Wastewater Treatment and Reverse Osmosis Water plants and sanitary sewer collection/distribution systems, including pump stations, force mains and vacuum sewers.
- Working knowledge of Advanced Treatment Wastewater Plants (membrane), Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plants, Wastewater Collection Systems including pump station, force mains and vacuum sewers, water distribution systems and auxiliary power supply equipment.
- Ability to understand and assist in implementing emergency plans.
- Requires frequent use of hand and power tools, personal computer, calculator, telephone, systems, office copier, and fax machine.
- Skill in preparing budgets, training employees, planning, report preparation, record keeping, and interaction with contractors and the general public.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, governmental employees, contractors, utility companies, and community members.
- Ability to sit in one place for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally required to drive a truck, walk, climb stairs, utilize hand and power tools efficiently, handle and feel objects with tools and/or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job, such as close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Community College and/or Correspondence courses in utility infrastructure are desirable.
Experience: At least six (6) years of experience in Wastewater Treatment Plant operation and/or Reverse Osmosis Irrigation Water Plant operation is required. Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience is preferred. Management/supervisory experience required with 3 years minimum preferred.
Licenses, Certificates, or Other: A valid Florida Driver License is required. Must have and maintain a Florida Class C Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator License.