The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Knowledge and experience related to managing and operating a full-service environmental laboratory.
- Knowledge of and experience with quality assurance and quality control practices for a full range of laboratory analytical methods.
- Knowledge of accreditation requirements and federal, state, and local regulations relevant to a municipal wastewater and stormwater utility, and the ability to interpret and apply them to maintain compliance.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and practices, operational and strategic planning, budget administration, and program evaluation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, to convey highly technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to establish and cultivate effective relationships with employees, managers, peers, and customers to provide purposeful and effective levels of service.
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce is culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer in ALL people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, basic life, short- and long-term disability coverage to eligible employees and their families. If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.