Experience/Qualifications: Minimum of a CA Grade III Wastewater or T-3 Water Treatment Operator Certification. Five-year prior experience in water or wastewater treatment plant facility operations and 3 years of prior supervisory experience required.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager / Chief Plant Operator (CPO), the Lead Operator shall function in a supervisory capacity, as well as performing the same duties as the subordinate operators. The Lead Operator will also serve as the Designated Operator-in-Charge in the absence of the CPO. The Lead Operator shall coordinate daily operation and maintenance tasks in accordance with PERC Water’s QA/QC standards
This Advanced Water Treatment System has a capacity of approximately 8.0 MGD and employs Micro Filtration and Reverse Osmosis membrane technologies followed by Advance Oxidation Process. The high-quality treated effluent is injected into the aquifer to prevent sea water intrusion. The facility operates twenty-four hours per day and is staffed ten hours per day with highly skilled operators and technicians. The system includes a SCADA and control system with remote access and control.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and performs a variety of assignments related to the operation and maintenance of an advanced wastewater treatment facility. Treatment processes include ultrafiltration (UF), reverse osmosis (RO) and UV advanced oxidation.
- Serve as the Designated Operator-in-Charge in the CPOs absence
- Plan assignments in conjunction with the CPO and Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the smooth progression of workflow toward a successful completion of work activities.
- Assist the CPO in the assembly of all required operating and regulatory reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of the contractual obligations and deliverables for the designated treatment facility.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in daily operational activities including, but not limited to the following:
- Develop operational SOPs and training curriculums
- Monitoring plant equipment and processes
- Collecting and processing water quality samples
- Managing plant chemical inventory
- Cleaning, maintaining and optimizing membrane systems
- Managing electronic operations and management tools (Data Management, CMMS, etc.)
- Conduct training as required and requested by the CPO to ensure appropriate level of staff knowledge to both subordinate operators and maintenance staff.
- Compile, prepare and maintain reports and logs as needed.
- Inspect and evaluate system and equipment functionality as well as the overall treatment facility; coordinate with appropriate staff, including the CPO, Maintenance Manager and the designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Participate in facility housekeeping activities, including maintenance work such as sweeping, cleaning, sanding, painting and other tasks as assigned.
- Collect water quality samples, including preparation of sample bottles, labeling and utilization of appropriate sampling methods as specified in the approved standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Operate motorized vehicles, forklifts and other mobile equipment.
- Participate in facility safety training and following all specified safety procedures in accordance with PERC Water Corp. safety program.
- Troubleshooting and repairing parts and systems
- During a plant emergency, may be called in to assist with plant operations and maintenance activities.
- Communicate any problems/issues to supervisor
- All other tasks as assigned by Project Manager/CPO
- Maintain acceptable attendance per PERC standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Must possess a high degree of self-motivation and exhibit strong leadership skills.
2. Must have good mechanical aptitude, and manual dexterity.
3. Ability to use power and hand tools in wet conditions.
4. Ability to work in close proximity and in concert with others.
5. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
6. Must possess good verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisor and the general public, Ability to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
7. General computer knowledge; good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Body Positions: Standing, sitting for extended periods of time, walking.
- Body Movements: Use of hands, eyes, arms and voice. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders. Must be able to climb on, or into facility equipment and systems (Confined Space Training required).
- Must be able to work weekends, nights or holidays as needed. Willingness to travel a plus. On call availability as scheduled
- Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on business topics in English.
Education, Professional Credentials and Experience Required
- Minimum Grade III Wastewater Operator or T-3 Water Treatment Operator Certification issued by the CA State Water Resources Control Board required at time of hire, or to be obtained within one year of operating.
- 5-year prior water/wastewater experience or a background in biological or chemical sciences preferred
- Valid CA Drivers License
- High School Diploma, or GED equivalent and college level course work in Water, Wastewater, Chemistry, Biology. BA degree is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
PERC Water Corporation is a water recycling company focused on returning water to nature. We seek to hire productive workers and innovative thinkers for all positions within the company. PERC encourages all employees to take ownership of the processes they are part of and responsible for.
We design, build, operate and manage water recycling facilities throughout the United States, are committed to producing water of the highest quality, and guarantee the risks associated with water recycling for every client. Company Web site: www.percwater.com
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Employer sponsored medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance; Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time. Company sponsored 401k Plan
To Apply: E-mail resume and a brief cover letter/e-mail introduction to: email@example.com. Please reference the job location in your e-mail
Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Must have a valid CA License and be able to provide proof of insurance.