The Massachusetts Water Resources Authority is seeking a staff person to perform computer modeling of MWRA‘s water distribution and wastewater collection systems. The work includes:
· working in collaboration with other water and wastewater modelers in the MWRA Planning Department;
· managing the master files of the models;
· developing upgrades and future network input files;
· modeling for system shutdowns and emergency situations;
· performing periodic calibrations and verifications using MWRA metering data; and
· creating new models or expanding available models, to include member communities’ systems and subsystems.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in civil, sanitary, or environmental engineering or related field and six (6) to eight (8) years experience in computer modeling and other wastewater/water facility operational or engineering experience. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using and calibrating computer models of water and wastewater systems, (e.g. HYDROWORKS/ InfoWorks, InfoWater, SWMM, XP-SWMM), databases, GIS and data collection systems is required.
A complete job description and link to MWRA’s application system are at mwra.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or veteran status.