WATER TREATMENT MANAGER
Water Treatment Plant – Water Quality
The City of Billings Water Quality Division is seeking a Water Treatment Manager to lead, motivate, manage, supervise and coordinate the Water Treatment operation and maintenance activities. The successful applicant will coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, and outside agencies; and will provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Water Quality Superintendent. The successful applicant must have strong written and verbal communication skills; and understand the federal, state, and local water regulations, safety and environmental requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: assume safety responsibility for personnel and the safety of the water treatment equipment and facilities; select, train, motivate and evaluate personnel; plan, direct, coordinate and review work plan for the water treatment maintenance and operations; and participate in the development and administration of the annual budget.
Work Schedule: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours may change based on operational needs.
Salary: $36.93 - $49.49/hour plus excellent benefits. Salary at hiring will be dependent upon the applicant’s education and experience (this salary range reflects steps 1 through 7 of a 7 step pay scale for this position)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within one year of employment, a Class I Treatment Plant Operator Certificate issued by the State of Montana.
- Understanding of Asset Management Principles
- At least one of the following:
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in water production; including treatment, distribution and storage, and related operations and maintenance with at least five (5) years of personnel management experience.
- A professional engineering license with a minimum five (5) years of project or personnel management experience
- City of Billings job application
- Cover letter
Must be able to successful pass a pre-employment drug test and a Federal and State criminal history background check.
The application and supporting documents can be submitted online at www.ci.billings.mt.us or to City of Billings, Human Resources, 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. EOE.