Water Quality Lab Technician
California Water Service
California Water Service
The Water Quality Laboratory Technicians perform a variety of tasks and may be required to train/cross-train other laboratory technicians, as required. Laboratory Technicians assist the laboratory with shipping, receiving, data entry, routine analysis, glassware, sample kits, sample preparation, and clean-up. These tasks are conducted under general guidance from the laboratory personnel responsible for the specific laboratory section. The position is located in San Jose, CA.
- Prints sample labels, COCs, and sampling instruction sheets
- Reviews scheduled sample lists, prepares and ships sample kits accordingly
- Ships and receives sample coolers; logs samples into LIMS
- Works regularly with computer based applications such as Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), People Soft, and Microsoft Excel
- Performs standard QA/QC measures as required; i.e. sign and date forms, fill out log books, etc.
- Prepares standard chemical solutions, reagents, and/or bacteriological media
- Assists microbiologists/chemists in basic analysis
- Receives laboratory shipments from the mailroom and deliver to the intended recipient
- Keeps laboratory facilities in a clean and orderly condition
- Cleans and prepares glassware for sample collection
- Coordinates special projects
- Preserves metal samples per the approved SOP
- Digest metals samples per the approved SOP
- Enters reviewed data and results of analyses into the Laboratory Information Management System
- Neutralizes spent samples
- Cross-train other technicians for coverage
- Assists chemists or microbiologists in sample prep
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities
- May participate in the Safety Committee
- Maintain lab, hazardous materials, and hazardous waste inventory
- Participate in the weekly safety walk
- Receives and store lab shipments
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or similar field with one year of experience working in a laboratory environment, supporting microbiological or chemical analysis, or
- AA in Chemistry or Biology related field with two years of experience working in a laboratory environment, supporting microbiological or chemical analysis,
- One year of experience as a Laboratory Assistant
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid California Driver License
Salary Range: $44.91 - $53.37
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, May 4, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4118500
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.