Temporary Water System Maintenance Worker II
California Water Service
Under the oversight of a Supervisor or Foreman, a Water System Maintenance Worker II assists in performing essential maintenance and repairs of water facility infrastructure. This includes repairs and maintenance to water mains, service lines, streets/sidewalks and fire hydrants; repair and replacement of meter boxes; and assists in the general cleanup of facilities including painting, repairing, and maintaining Company owned or operated facilities.
- Under direction, excavate and expose service/main leaks; isolate damage and assist in repairing or replacing assets; notify customers
- Assist in repairs and maintenance activities of meters, meter boxes, service lines, mains, wells, pump stations, and fences
- Assist in flushing and performing maintenance on all necessary functions of mains; operate various hand and power tools in the completion of these activities
- Assist in setting, replacing, and/or removing 1 ½” to 2” size meters
- Under direction conduct all water discharges with Company's National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) policy including, but not limited to, implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs), monitoring and recording all required data, and completing necessary paperwork related to all discharge events
- Prepare and operate service truck(s) daily, the loading of needed materials and equipment, remove and dispose of debris, clean equipment and truck as needed
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Change, repair, and clean meter boxes/lids, valve covers
- Clean, paint, repair, and maintain Company owned or operated facilities
- May perform other functions as outlined in the CBA section 8 W2 (Water Distribution Operator Certification)
- A WSMW ll must be able to effectively communicate with their supervisor, co-workers, and the public;
- Have the ability to perform basic mathematic functions to calculate figures; and have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; and ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent, possess a valid California Class C Driver's license, and be insurable under the Company's policy
- A WSMW II must have a working knowledge of basic features of word processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Word) and electronic mail processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Outlook)
- Employee must be able to work with supervision and respond appropriately to direction, feedback, evaluation, coaching, counseling, and/or discipline
- A California State Water Distribution Operator II certification is required
Salary Range: $28.04 - $34.16
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, September 28, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4600894
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.