The City of Redmond is a thriving, culturally diverse community and home to over 72,000 residents. Redmond is the hub to an array of commerce and industry ranging from technology, aerospace and gaming to biomedical and innovation start-ups.
The Public Works Department is responding to the growing needs of the City, consider joining our team as a Utility Systems Technician - Wastewater. The talent you bring will help us with:
- Practices and procedures relating to the repair, maintenance and operation of industrial process equipment.
- Electrical systems, pumping equipment, check valves, motors, transducers, generators, variable frequency drives, motor starters, solid state soft starts, and pressure reducing and other control valves.
- A/C D/C power control and signal circuitry with emphasis on process measurement and instrumentation.
- Instrumentation and control, telemetry, SCADA, PLC programming, and field devices.
- Water/Wastewater system hydraulics, treatment equipment, water metering system, and online water quality monitors is advantageous.
- Wastewater lift station experience preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalency and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in operation, maintenance and repair of industrial facilities in any of the following areas: industrial process control systems, distribution, collection and treatment systems, pump stations, industrial treatment plants, electrical/power generating plants or three (3) years of journey level experience in water system operation and maintenance,
- Two (2) years of college course work in industrial plant maintenance, electrical, hydraulics, programmable logic controllers, or similar desirable,
- Or any satisfactory combination of experience and training that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, abilities and skills.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and a driving record that meets city standards; remain insurable by the City
- First Aid/CPR card (may be obtained after hiring, but will be required)
This full-time position will earn between $5741 and $7463 per month. Please apply online by July 5, 2021 via www.redmond.gov/jobs.