Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain an appropriate state-certified license for water or wastewater treatment or distribution as appropriate.
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects, climbs ladders, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to noise, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc
This position performs technical duties in the operation, repair and maintenance of the water distribution system.
This job is a safety sensitive position that will require a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Barrow County Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Collects monthly bacterial and chlorine residual samples for the Environmental Protection Division (EPD).
- Prepares monthly EPD water quality reports.
- Collects quarterly TTHM/HAA5 samples; coordinates with laboratory and reports results.
- Calibrates chlorine analyzers and adjusts doses; refreshes chemicals; cleans and makes repairs.
- Prepares annual water quality reports for EPD and customers.
- Records weekly and monthly vault readings.
- Responds to after-hours emergencies.
- Performs annual back-flow testing and prepares related reports.
- Assists in the repair of leaks.
- Assists in the installation of new service connections.
- Installs and maintains automatic flushers.
- Cleans, reconditions and maintains chemical pumps.
- Maintains assigned vehicle.
- Responds to and resolves customer complaints.
- Flushes hydrants.
- Orders parts and supplies.
- Performs related duties.
Close Date March 16, 2021