Evergreen Metropolitan District, CO
New Services / Environmental Manager
Annual salary range: $76,000 to $84,000
The district provides a competitive benefits package.
Application deadline: Monday, August 9, 2021.
The New Services and Environmental (NSE) Department is responsible for all new water and sewer services to be connected to the districts’ systems. The department also manages the pretreatment programs as well as the environmental aspects of the watershed that relate to the Districts.
The manager is responsible for pretreatment, environmental, and new construction administration. The selected candidate will be a proven professional who enjoys working in the three program areas. Strong candidates will be equally adept at managing technical information and maintaining compliance with County, State, and Federal regulations.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma and minimum two years technical college are required for this position.
- Must have at least five years of prior management experience including the supervision of personnel.
- Must have prior experience with working with the public.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in water distribution and wastewater systems.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater systems and plumbing practices and techniques is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Solid knowledge in the use and maintenance of hand tools and power tools.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s license within 30 days of employment and be insurable under District standards.
- Must possess and maintain the following State of Colorado licenses and certifications:
- Level 4 Collection Operator’s Certificate
- Level 4 Distribution Operator’s Certificate
- Traffic Control Certification
- Trench Safety Certification
- Must obtain CPR Certification within the first two years of employment and maintain this certificate on a biannual basis.
At an elevation of 7,200 feet, Evergreen offers an array of parks, art galleries, theater, restaurants, entertainment, recreation, and a variety of outdoor activities. Evergreen, Colorado is situated close to Denver while still maintaining its mountain-town feeling. Evergreen Lake was voted one of the top ten most scenic for ice skating in the world, it is bordered by mountain parks with miles of trails and a golf course!
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit cover letter of not more than one page in which you specify why you are interested in this position, resume, application, and a list of three professional references: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/CPSHRRS/jobs/3149053/new-services-environmental-manager
For more information contact:
CPS HR Consulting
To view an online brochure for this position visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/CPSHRRS
Evergreen Metropolitan District website: https://evergreenmetro.colorado.gov
The Evergreen Metropolitan District is an equal opportunity employer.