TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
We are seeking experienced and motivated Construction Managers in San Diego for upcoming and future projects. The person in this position will act as the owner's representative. The ideal candidate will have experience involving the construction of water supply, wastewater collection and treatment facilities including municipal water and wastewater treatment plants, pipelines, storage facilities, and pump stations, for projects throughout the San Diego region.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Construction Manager include:
- Ensures the project is constructed on time and within budget per contract plans and specifications
- Responsible for overall budget including monitoring contingency
- Determines all significant and final decisions regarding contract administration
- Supervises all subordinates and sub consultants
- Maintains constructive working relationships with the contractor and client
- Project safety
- Oversees, monitors, enforces the safety of personnel
- Monitors the contractor's safety program
- Conducts/attends bi-weekly safety meetings
- Exhibits working knowledge of the pertinent contract documents and references specific to the project
- Understands, interprets and makes sound engineering determinations regarding the contract documents, including but not limited to Contract Change Orders, project specifications and claims
- Exercises sound engineering judgment and follows through on determinations made during oversight of all field operations
- Resolves, or facilitates the resolution of all discrepancies or problems with the contract documents and issues arising from field operations
- Creates and maintains open and productive communications among subordinates, subconsultants, TRC management, contractors, clients and the public.
- Verifies all contract documentation is generated and filed in proper order
- Receives and generates all contract correspondence
- Writes clear, concise and thorough diaries
- Conducts project construction update meetings.
- Generates and processes all contract change orders, requests for information and notices of potential claims
- Processes all submittals from the contractor timely
- The RE/CM/SrCM has full authority, in matters of safety related to imminent hazard or danger
- Performs other duties as required