Salary: $57,741.00 - $87,687.00 Annually
Would you like an exciting and rewarding career making a positive impact on the citizens of the Commonwealth? Join the Department of Environmental Protection's Bureau of Waterways Engineering and Wetlands, Encroachment and Training Division. Direct, coordinate, develop and promote the wetland and waterway policies though interpreting and communicating regulations, policy, procedures and guidelines. Experience the satisfaction of public service while enjoying professional career growth and promotional opportunities!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with a one hour lunch period
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position manages and oversees the functions of the Environmental Review Committee (ERC), a responsibility maintained by the Wetlands Encroachment and Training Division in the Bureau of Waterways Engineering and Wetlands. This employee will direct, coordinate, develop and promote the wetland and waterway policies though interpreting and communicating regulations, policy, procedures and guidelines. They will provide direct support to regional staff and delegated conservation districts on Chapter 105 program initiatives such as updates to the joint permit application, program clarification memos, updated standard operating procedures, program training including webinars and managing the contents Chapter 105 Water Academy, an on-line web- based training program. Assist with special assignments such as the Bradford County Emergency Permit Pilot, Chapter 105 regulation revisions, federal PASPGP permit updates, review permitting data and prepare report for the 3- year fee report. This position will require knowledge and understanding of the Commonwealth's environmental protection programs to comply with the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act, Clean Streams Law and the Department's Chapter 105 Dam Safety and Waterway Management regulations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - three years of professional environmental protection experience; and a bachelor's degree in the biological, physical, or environmental sciences, engineering, or in a field closely related to environmental protection or regulation; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training that includes three years of professional environmental protection experience
- CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: This position requires possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
- Only most recent exam score is counted