The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest-growing among large cities. The Field Operation Division is the largest division of the Water Department and is an integral function of the City of Fort Worth’s infrastructure. Field Operations operates with a high value of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing diversity, ethical behavior, accountability, productivity, and quality of work product, while continually striving for new improvements in our technology and processes.
The City of Fort Worth Water Department’s - Field Operations Division has a Crew Leader– Wastewater positions available. The City of Fort Worth offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes life, health, and various additional coverage options, as well as a pension program for our career employees.
Field Operations Crew Leader – Wastewater job responsibilities include:
- Prioritize, assign, lead, review and participate in the work of subordinate employees responsible for general field operations constriction, maintenance and repair activities.
- Identify resources and review needs with appropriate management staff and allocates resources accordingly.
- Monitor and evaluate quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of assigned operation methods and procedures.
- Perform more technical and complex task of the work unit.
- Participate in personnel training and work with subordinate personnel to correct deficiencies.
- Prepare reports concerning operations and activities.
- Assist in responding and resolving public inquiries and complaints.
- Confer with customers regarding problems and provide assistance as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED certification.
- Minimum of two years of experience in field construction, maintenance, repair, or operational activities related to water or wastewater.
- Currently possess a TCEQ Class I Wastewater Collection license at minimum.
- Currently possess a Texas Commercial Driver’s - Class A CDL license.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug screen testing.
- Must be able to work in outdoor extreme weather conditions and lift to 100 pounds.
- At least one year of previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of work order management software.
- Possess a TCEQ Class II Wastewater Collection license or higher.
- Previous experience working with a large water utility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Heavy Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
Candidate selected for hire must pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Physical and Criminal Background check.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay Range: $19.96 - $27.44/hr.