**First review date of applications will be May 24, 2019. This recruitment is a continuous recruitment and may close without prior notice.**
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://www.Corona.CA.gov/Jobs
$53.71 - $65.57 Hourly $9,310.00 - $11,365.00 Monthly
Under general direction plans, organizes, integrates, and manages the business activities of the Department of Water & Power (DWP) and Maintenance Services Department. Responsible for overseeing the Customer Care division, Business Division, and grants/loans post award administration activities for large capital facilities and other departmental projects; provides the necessary project management support and direction required to ensure projects are administered according to approved policies, standards, procedures and associated agreements; independently performs difficult and responsible activities in support of various funding agency audits, and Warehouse operations; performs related duties as assigned.
The Business Manager for DWP and Maintenance Services oversees and manages the business activities involving the operating budget and CIP, customer care, water resources, and warehouse operations. This candidate also has knowledge of intergovernmental laws and regulations. Responsibilities and assignments are broad in scope and require considerable independent judgment on issues which are complex, interpretive and evaluative in nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class.
- Coordinates, manages and participates in the development and administration of the department's operating and capital improvement budgets; monitors expenditures throughout the year; reviews and proposes request for additional staff, equipment and materials for projected activities.
- Assumes management responsibility for assigned services and activities of the Customer Service and Water Resources groups, including utility billing, account maintenance, payment processing, resolution of customer issues and concerns, bad debt collection activities, water conservation programs, and energy efficiency programs.
- Assumes the more difficult customer relations situations, involving upset and dissatisfied customers and requiring a high degree of sensitivity and use of sound independent judgment; takes action to resolve complaints where appropriate.
- Develop, implement, manage and evaluate plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards.
- Interprets and applies the City's municipal code to various internal and external situations; reviews portions of the municipal code that impact customer service and water resource operations and recommends revisions to applicable sections. Ensures compliance of unit work to pertinent codes, regulations and guidelines.
- Assumes responsibility for the development of various informational publications including web based publications for rate payers that explain and effectively communicate the City's water and sewer rates, fees and charges.
- Develops, administers and monitors procedures, processes and programs; reviews and evaluates code, fee and rate changes, legislative issues affecting the operation and implement appropriate policy and procedural changes.
- Oversees work associated with collecting billings for the City's water, sewer and electric utility services; reviews account records and history and issues or approves adjustments to customer accounts to correct errors or resolve escalated disputes.
- Manages, oversees and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; develops and implements systems and standards needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains internal control policies and procedures to ensure that standards are met.
- Manages grant/loan processing procedures and policies for the department; ensures funding reimbursements are administered in a timely and accurate manner; including researching and monitoring proposed new laws, bills and amendments that pertain to grant/loan activity.
- Develops, implements, reviews and manages routine departmental, administrative and legal procedures.
- Preparation of records and reports; makes arithmetic or statistical calculations; conducts special studies and recommends organization, procedural or other changes to achieve greater productivity and/or to comply with department requirements.
- Prepares and administers contracts with consultants; ensures that consultants submit progress reporting and related audit documentation.
- Prepares, reviews and presents City Council actions and staff reports for the City Council and City staff.
- Researches new methods, software, techniques and equipment for recommendation and implementation.
- Performs a wide range of administrative, special and on-going programs and projects involving financial, technical and legal analyses and evaluation, such as user fee studies, management audits, contractual and consulting agreements, grants, joint use agreements, property negotiations and acquisition; determines priorities and estimates personnel, resources and time required for program and project completion and implementation.
- Coordinates training of assigned staff.
- Ensures the City's safety policies and goals are carried out.
An Equal Opportunity Employer