Starting Salary: $63,073.00
Pay Grade: P44
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Water & Wastewater O & M
Location: Land O' Lakes
General Description: This is a highly responsible administrative, managerial, and technical position reporting to the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Director. Work involves responsibility for planning and directing the overall operation, including support services and performance of System Administrator duties for the Utility Enterprise Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System. Provides systems management, maintenance, security, and operational control over all related instrumentation infrastructure, computer equipment, telecommunications, software, and networks.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions
Directs the implementation, integration, and operation of SCADA/EAM for the entire Utilities Services Branch. Provides oversight of SCADA/EAM staff, with input on selection, counseling, appraisals, and recognition; recommends salary, promotion, disciplinary actions, termination, and other personnel actions. Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of utility SCADA/EAM /Instrumentation and Control (I&C) systems and related process control equipment. Commands full knowledge of preventive system maintenance, naming conventions, security, telecommunication frequencies, and tasks. Manages and directs activities and other utility contact service personnel and vendor representatives associated with SCADA/EAM/I&C Systems. Analyzes current information system needs, develops and manages short- and long-range plans, develops and implements standards for automation equipment. Develops plans; directs, supervises, and solves problems associated with daily operations and implements and monitors the budget for achievement of goals and objectives. Manages SCADA/EAM/I&C technical and communication lines and systems; meets with staff, other departments, contractors, telecommunication companies; and attends related conferences. Manages maintenance contracts with hardware and software vendors. Serves as technical advisor in areas of SCADA/EAM/I&C automation, equipment purchases, and standardization. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of SCADA/EAM/I&C Systems, business systems, automated document management systems, control devices, and various other related systems to ensure an effective 24/7 operation.
- Knowledge of security systems, security cameras, digital video recorders, and alarm systems to effectively manage site and centralized security systems.
- Knowledge of management methods, budget preparation/implementation, and County policies and practices to complete job functions and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of various communication protocols to ensure safe, reliable, secure communication with external devices.
- Knowledge of the use and application of programmable logic controllers (PLCS); instrumentation devices; analog and digital devices to ensure their compatibility, including making sure standards are being used.
- Knowledge of all major computer operating systems, including Enterprise Client-Server Environment software utilized for SCADA network applications.
- Knowledge of databases used for SCADA/EAM/I&C applications to ensure that data storage and monitoring performance requirements are met.
- Knowledge of security theory and equipment and electronic maintenance and repair practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of public administration principles and practices.
- Ability to plan, direct, assign work, instruct, review, and evaluate technical personnel and support service vendors.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects. May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects. The ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field and four (4) years of experience in SCADA and related telemetric, instrumentation, computerized process-control systems in an industrial environment, and utility system applications; two (2) years must have been in a supervisory position.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid Driver's License is required.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter 55A-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants
Close: May 14, 2020