This is a lead position within the Customer Service Center, responsible for overseeing staffing resources to process customer requests by phone/email and field crews by radio. This position is also responsible for performing training of staff, quality assurance of employee work, and will act as a liaison with other departments.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of benefits including medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more! Click HERE for more information.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus four (4) years experience in billing, credit counseling, and customer service.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Notes to Applicants
If you are selected to interview:
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job – specifically: Call Center Customer Service Scenarios, Business Writing, and Microsoft Excel will be assessed through skills testing with a required minimum passing score of 70%.
- Experience working in a high-volume call center in a senior, lead or supervisory.
- Direct experience providing customer service for a utility, government organization, or other similarly regulated environment.
- Experience administering training and new hire orientation.
- Experience with database entry and report writing.
- Intermediate skills and abilities using computer programs such as Microsoft Office, GIS, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, and customer data and tracking systems.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
$24.42 – $28.65
This is an Essential Position, requiring on-call availability and mandatory service in certain situations. All shifts may be required to work overtime, on-call, weekends, nights, holidays, and during bad weather events. Work hours may be subject to change at management’s discretion based on business needs.
Glen Bell Service Center 3907 S. Industrial Dr.
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.