Qualifications of the Successful Candidate
· Experience administering and supervising both the operations and the maintenance services of a similar organization through effective leadership and management skills.
· Preferred qualifications include the following:
o Minimum five years’ experience in the proper operation of water/wastewater systems, special districts or public utilities
o Minimum of three years’ management experience either as head of an organization or a department with second level or supervisory experience
o Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience in utilities management
o Excellent people skills to facilitate the ability to work with a Board and resident
o Understanding of water and sanitation regulatory requirements or the ability to obtain the knowledge and to come quickly up to speed on these issues.
Candidates may be self-employed or an employee of a company that provides district management services
Due to the size of the community, the District Manager position is envisioned to require approximately 25 hours per month, and the District desires a set monthly fee for these basic services. Additional work outside of the basic services will be on an hourly basis and as approved by the Board. Initial contract award will be for one year, with four one-year extension options.
The District anticipates filling this position by March 31, 2020. If interested, please address requests for additional information regarding this opportunity or submit a resume and three professional references, via e-mail, to Mike Swartzlander (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submitting applications is March 20, 2020. The District will review all applications and schedule interviews for up to three candidates. The Board of Directors will make the final determination on hiring the District Manager. The Forest Hills Metropolitan District is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
The Forest Hills Metropolitan District (FHMD) seeks applicants for the contract position of District Manager. The District provides potable water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, and operation and maintenance of streets, recreation areas, open spaces, and other facilities to a small, gated community of 149 homes, located just east of the Genesee area. For more information about the District, please visit www.FHMD.net. Responsibilities include:
- Report to the District’s Board of Directors and implement Board policy
- Oversee operation, maintenance, and capital improvements of all facilities in a manner that complies with all applicable Colorado and Federal environmental, health and safety statutes and regulations
- Ensure compliance with special district regulations (Article 32 of the Colorado Revised Statutes)
- Visit the site at least monthly to review the condition of facilities and propose maintenance and repair actions
- Attend monthly board meetings and prepare and present monthly reports on facility activities and issues
- Manage bidding processes, contractor agreements, and purchase orders
- Oversee activities of the District's contractors, which include: Administrative assistant, water rights engineer, water rights attorney, accountant/billing, water/wastewater Operator Responsible In Charge, professional design engineer, general counsel, construction contractors and others, as necessary
- Provide financial management for the District, including development of annual budgets, review of billing and invoices, management of District accounts, etc.
- Provide recommendations to the Board, including legal, financial, operations, maintenance, repairs, capital improvements, and other issues
- Interface with residents and resolve their issues that may arise