Huber Technology provides state-of-the-art equipment for municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment. Our main focus is liquid/solid separation in general and headworks equipment in particular. We offer a comprehensive line of stainless steel equipment.
The HUBER Group is successfully operating in the environmental engineering sector. With its more than 60 subsidiaries, representative offices and agents, the HUBER Group is among the worldwide leading suppliers in the field of wastewater/sludge treatment and process engineering. With more than 175 years of commitment to drinking water and wastewater treatment, HUBER has always been an innovator in this field with a continuous focus on the development of new solutions to conserve one of our most valuable resources: water.
The HUBER group invented and introduced the famous ROTAMAT® products and STEP SCREEN®s. With over 45,000 installations, we have unmatched experience and expertise.
Are you looking for stable career that allows you to utilize your troubleshooting skills?
Do you have industrial-mechanical repair experience?
Do you enjoy traveling?
If so, join our Huber Technology, Inc. team as a Field Service Specialist! This position is a full-time non-exempt hourly position that will be based out of your current location (no relocation required!)
Near Major Airport
Responsible for providing professional service and support for Huber Technology customers by performing field service installations, start up, repair and maintain HUBER waste water equipment. The Field Service Specialist, Industrial-Mechanical Repair Emphasis will work within the guidelines established by the Director of Service and/or President and will follow established procedures when representing Huber Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities of a Field Service Specialist: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for installing, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating, troubleshooting, pre-commissioning, commissioning and repairing as necessary, waste water equipment manufactured by, but not limited to Huber Technology Huber equipment, pumps, motors, valves, polymer stations, etc.
- Perform scheduled maintenance or repair of the equipment and all other associated equipment
- Perform unscheduled maintenance or repair of the equipment and all other associated equipment
- Perform installation of the equipment at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation to prepare for startup or service.
- Responsible for on-site training of customer personnel to Huber Technology standards.
- Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service, providing both on-site and telephone support.
- Work with engineering, project management group, spare parts group and management to resolve escalated problems
- Provide written reports to the Director of Service on all activities carried out on site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide expense reports to the Director of Service on all expenses occurred out on site and completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Make technical recommendations to maintenance technicians and or treatment plant operators.
- Work closely with the Director of Service, Aftermarket Sales Team and Operations Team, to ensure that site work is carried out in the required order, for completion by the required time.
- To develop and maintain at all times due regard for safe working practices on site and to report any breaches of health & safety manners to the Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator and/or the Director of Service.
- To undertake any appropriate technical activities that may not be related directly to site, as may be allocated to you from time to time by the Director of Service.
- To ensure that materials, tools and equipment provided to you to carry out your work are kept safe, secure and in good order.
- Ensure all tools and equipment is relevant, up to date and calibrated in accordance with Huber Technology requirements.
- Assist when needed in manufacturing or engineering with customer projects as well as unit refurbishment or replacement at the customer site or Huber Technology manufacturing facility.
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of the equipment
- Educate the customer on basic operation of their equipment
- Assist when needed in the parts department with recommending spare parts and wear parts to existing and new customers
- Perform all welding activities that are required in the shop and/or customer site
- To take responsibility for ensuring that all necessary travel, medical and associated documentation is valid and kept up to date and to inform the Field Service Manager in adequate time to procure any replacements
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting via phone with customers in the field
- Provide technical assistance to all representatives of Huber Technology, Inc. in the field
- Assist customers with via phone and in the field with on application and process related issues
- Assist the Director of Service, V.P. of Operations and Aftermarket Sales Consultants with identification of warranty vs. non-warranty issues
- Maintain a professional appearance towards customers on the telephone and by correspondence as well as in person
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all necessary documentation is valid and kept up to date and to inform the Director of Service in adequate time to procure any replacements.
- Uniforms are provided by Huber Technology, Inc.; Field Service Specialists are required to be in uniform at all times during their normal work. It is extremely important that the Field Service Specialist maintain a clean, professional appearance at all times
- Provide technical support to other Field Service Specialists in the field
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Accepts other responsibilities as requested by the Director of Service
III. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent mechanical-industrial repair/service work experience, minimum 1-2 years in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Wastewater experience a plus
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have attitude and aptitude to develop a high level of customer service skills, as well as the ability to respond quickly to service calls with good time management and planning
- Must be motivated and fast paced personality with serious work ethic
- Must work effectively with little or no supervision once trained/onboarded
- Take responsibility to physically be able to perform the job requirements
- Able to read, write and have good oral communications skills in English, other languages a plus
- Computer ability should be proficient for producing required reports
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License to drive rental vehicles & able to pass a DOT physical for driving fleet vehicles as required, a CDL is not required
- Must be able to drive a forklift or able to be trained
- Ability to travel – Road Warrior –via whatever method required (up to 100%) United States and Canada
- Maintain company provided equipment, tools and or fleet vehicle as per company policy.
- Candidates must be located within close proximity to a major airport. The preferred areas are: ID, UT, AZ, TX
The physical demands described here are representative of those that expected by an employee to be
able to successfully perform the essential functions of this Field Service Specialist role:
- Moderate to occasional heavy physical demand with exposure to dust in warehouse, hot and cold climates, inside and outside exposure when on the job, odors and noise may also be present
- Routinely moves, carries or lifts 25-50+ pounds such as required tools, laptops, PPE and suitcase
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility or job-site
- Walk or stand at least 8+ hours per day, often ascends/descends ladders or steps on job-site or stairs/steps boarding or de-boarding airplanes.
- Sit for flights or automobile or boat trips as required
- Able to use hands and able to follow safety guidelines, for both mechanical tools, manual tools, and computer entry.
- Good hearing and vision are important to the Field Specialist’s safety on the job
- Consistent attendance due to advance planning & sometimes tight schedules and flight bookings required to meet the needs of our customers and job budgets – some weekend travel, late or early flights may be required due to weather, customer needs or delays at Airports
- Due to wastewater environment on site visits, must keep innoculations current as recommended for employee safety when on customer sites and at facilities
This role requires ability to pass a pre-hire drug test, random safety/drug testing, pre-hire background check and completion of an I-9 form. HUBER is an E-Verify Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.