Austin Water Treatment Operations & Maintenance Technician Associate
Also known as Water Treatment Plant Operator and Mechanic Technician
This position is responsible for the operations of a water or wastewater treatment plant, as well as the maintenance and repairs not limited to pumps, valves, hydraulics, motors or other related equipment to keep the plant run smoothly.
Location: Austin, Texas
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus one (1) year of experience in a similar work environment such as process control, plant operations, construction, or in the operation, repair and maintenance of mechanical or industrial equipment
- Thirty (30) semester hours of relevant formal education from an accredited institute may substitute for one (1) year of work experience
About this Position – we hire only at the Associate level
- Pay Range Depends-On-Experience
- Must be verifiable and related. FY20 starting pay $16.48 - $20.60 per hour
- Plant locations will be determined based on business need for Water or Wastewater Treatment Division
- This job title is in a Career Progression Family, which means the employee can submit for career progression promotion without having to go through the competitive process (interview)
- An employee can progress or submit for Career Progression-promotion after completion of on-the-job training to develop new skills and abilities, obtain water operator licensing and have met the minimum requirements to be on the next level position.
- Associates level can career progress to Assistant then to Senior!
- City of Austin (COA) Benefit Package equates up to 40% addition to our pay offers
- For more info, call 512.972.0402
How to Apply:
Become a City Employee!
Visit https://www.austincityjobs.org/ click Search Jobs type Keywords “treatment”
When completing the City of Austin employment application: A detailed, complete employment application helps us to better evaluate your qualifications, and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position.
Please detail on the application any previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications. Provide each job title and employment dates for all jobs included on the application. Your work history should include the duties you performed, any supervisory or lead responsibilities, and any equipment and computer software used.
A résumé and cover letter may be submitted, but will not substitute for a complete employment application.
If you are selected to interview:
Your skill level in General Maintenance, Basic Industrial Math, and Safety in the Workplace will be assessed, with a required minimum passing score of 70%.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- And are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.