This position is in the Regional Wastewater Reclamation Department.
Salary Grade: 35
Performs routine maintenance and minor repairs of wastewater treatment facilities, conveyance systems and related equipment, and assists Trades Maintenance Specialists, Technicians and Wastewater Mechanics in performing non-routine maintenance, repairs or construction of these same facilities and systems.
An assessment may be administered.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Performs repairs and routine maintenance of industrial wastewater pumps, pumping systems, industrial electrical systems and power generating engines;
Assists Wastewater Mechanics and Trades Maintenance Specialists and Technicians in non-routine maintenance, repairs and construction of assigned facilities and systems;
Assists Wastewater Mechanics in the repair and maintenance of wastewater treatment facilities and wastewater conveyance systems;
Assists other journey-level trade workers, such as painters, welders, electricians, and instrumentation technicians;
Assists specialists/technicians in the installation, maintenance, and repair of specialized equipment or controls;
Lifts and moves heavy materials, tools, and supplies;
Uses and maintains safety and personal protective equipment;
Performs operator-level maintenance, servicing and adjustments of common tools and equipment;
Performs worksite clean-up following completion of jobs;
May cut, trim, seed, fertilize and apply herbicides and pesticides to turf grasses, soils, trees and ornamental shrubs;
May lead Trades Maintenance Helpers, Technicians and other employees, volunteers, community service workers, inmates or detainees in performing routine facility and grounds clean-up and maintenance duties.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- safety precautions common to an industrial maintenance/repair environment;
- practices, methods and tools used in the maintenance and repair of industrial facilities, pumping systems, water or wastewater treatment or conveyance systems, electrical systems or power generating engines;
- operating principles of wastewater treatment and conveyance systems.
- following written and oral instructions;
- performing heavy manual labor tasks;
- using and maintaining a variety of hand and power tools;
- repairing and maintaining industrial facilities, pumping systems, electrical systems and power
- generating engines;
- using and maintaining safety and personal protective equipment;
- performing operator-level maintenance, servicing and adjustment of assigned equipment and vehicles.
(1) Two years of experience working in industrial mechanical maintenance and repair, pumping systems, electrical systems or power generation engine maintenance. (Work experience limited to automotive, truck or heavy equipment maintenance is not qualifying experience.)
(2) One year of experience with Pima County as a Maintenance Mechanic, Utility Service Worker I, Trades Maintenance Helper or Trades Maintenance Technician in other than automotive, truck or heavy equipment repair and/or maintenance.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.)