Electrical Engineers perform performs advanced professional project management, specialized engineering or developer/building plan reviews; serves as a project engineer on difficult, complex projects. Work involves applying advanced electrical engineering knowledge to the solution of design, maintenance, improvement and construction problems pertaining to the City's infrastructure (water, sewage, drainage, streets, parks and traffic management systems) and private development. Electrical Engineers are responsible for managing several projects at once and perform related duties as assigned. Work is performed independently, and engineers may seal engineering plans with manager authorization. Some positions may require a valid state driver's license.
|The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
Applicants must also possess:
- Experience applying electrical engineering principles, practices and fundamentals in the preparation and review of design and construction materials.
- Knowledge of communications, instrumentation, control panel design and PLC programming.
- Experience searching and applying electrical codes and standards within a municipal infrastructure.
- Experience interacting effectively, to problem solve and partner with customers and contractors.
- Experience effectively communicating technical information verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Knowledge of contract administration and project management and evaluation.
- A valid state driver's license and acceptable driving record at the time of offer
- A professional engineering license at time of offer