Performs a variety of complex operational and general maintenance duties at the City's T5 rated surface water treatment plant. The water treatment plant has a design capacity of 16 mgd and utilizes ozone for primary disinfection. Plant processes include coagulation, ballasted flocculation, filtration, pH control and chlorine/fluoride addition. Employees in this classification must be available to work on any assigned shift that may include working nights, holidays and weekends. This job class includes responsibility for the performance of the full range of the classification's tasks and duties, ultimately performing at a journey level of classification. Appointment to a level in this job class is based upon achieving and maintaining a specified level of competence, professionalism and performance as defined through a skills-based-pay rating.
Salary: $62,010 to $93,444 Annually
Close Date: Oct. 31, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum entry level requirements are a high school graduation or G.E.D., mechanical aptitude, and ability to advance in a challenging, technical field.
Higher initial placement in the salary range is negotiable with higher levels of education and/or experience. Highly desirable traits include:
- Current State Water Resources Control Board Water Treatment Operator certification.
- Related college coursework such as chemistry, biology, hydraulics, etc.
- Specialized training related to the water treatment field.
- Work experience in the water treatment field at a treatment plant or water system performing work in maintenance and repair of pumps, motors, chemical feed systems and related equipment.
- Operator experience as a certified operator at a T3 or higher facility.
POSSESSION AND MAINTENANCE OF:
- A valid California class C driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
- A State Water Resources Control Board Operator Treatment Certification Grade I or higher is highly desirable.
Learn More/Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/slobispo/jobs/3222388/water-treatment-plant-operator