$67,807.58 - $81,483.58 Annually
Under general supervision, performs skilled work in monitoring, documenting and controlling operations of the LOTT Clean Water Alliance (LOTT) Wastewater and Reclaimed Water Treatment Facilities.
Series Concept: Waste Water Treatment Facility (WWTF) Operator I (OPI) is the first skilled level operator in the WWTF Operator series which includes: Operator Apprentice, Operator I, Operator II, and Lead Operator. OPIs are fully skilled in treatment facility operations and independently perform a variety of complex operations in an assigned facility area. OPIs occasionally serve in the capacity of WWTF Operator II and participate in the training of Apprentice Operators.
Essential Functions: Responsible for monitoring and the safe and efficient operation of LOTT facilities and processes in accordance with supervisor’s instructions, established procedures and regulatory requirements. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Monitor, operate, adjust, and document operation of a wide variety of systems and processes including: screening, activated sludge, biological nutrient removal, ultra violet and hypochlorite disinfection systems, anaerobic digestion, sedimentation, dewatering, centrifugation and water reclamation;
• Collect, document, and analyze waste stream and receiving water samples to ensure proper plant function;
• Perform chlorine residual, pH, ORP, turbidity, dissolved oxygen, temperature, nutrients, settleability, and oxygen uptake rate analyses in laboratory and/or field environment and make adjustments based on results;
• Operate, maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot portable and stationary samplers, instrumentation, and wastewater treatment equipment;
• Work weekends and holidays as necessary and respond to emergencies, unanticipated equipment failures, or staffing shortages that may occur at any time;
• May be assigned on-call duty
Education/Experience: High school or college level courses in math, chemistry, physics, and/or biology preferred. One year work experience with biological nutrient removal, UV disinfection systems and reclaimed water facilities desirable.
Additional Requirements: Must possess a valid Group II Washington State Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator's License. Must possess a valid Driver’s License. Must participate in LOTT’s Health and Safety Program.