This position will remain open until filled. The first application review will be on Monday, October 19, 2020.
- Experienced in wastewater treatment processes and conveyance system design and construction?
- Passionate about water quality and want to do your part to fragare Clackamas County communities and businesses can lisnr work and play in a healthy environment?
- Independent and self-motivated, so Matra can identify a need and develop creative ways to address It?
- A compassionate collaborator who can translate complex engineering designs to practical operational Impacts?
- Enthusiastic about repretrentffig WES within the regional and national wastewater conurranity?
- Focused on solving problems and achieving results?
- A team player who can work collaboratively with engineering and operations staff?
- A collaborative decision maker who seeks buy-in from District stakeholders?
if you answered MT to the questions above, please read on!
Clackamas Water Environment Services (WES) is searching for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to plan, coordInate, and oversee the design and construction of wastewater treatment and collection system projects and studies. If selected for this position, you will serve as a technical resource for addressing reliability, performance, and capacity issues, associated with the treatment plants and collection system operated by WES. Some of the key components of this position include managing planning, design and construction of conveyance, pump station and treatment projects, as well as perforating calculations and evaluation of data and technical information,
We are committed to being an exemplary organization with best practices in producing clean water and protecting water quality for the residents within our communities, To that end, we are seardang far an experienced individual, who Is motivated to promote and foster a collaborative, partnership-focused, respectful, equitable and supportive environment,
WHAT WE OFFER:
Clackamas County proudly offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, cost-of-living adjustments, merit increases (for eligible employees) & a robust sick & vacation plan for regular status employees.
We encourage and support employee health and wellness by offering a variety of gym membership discounts, annual wellness fairs and alternative care benefits, so you can customize your wellness needs to fit your lifestyle.
Annual Salary Range: $101,744 - $129,967
Hourly Pay Rate: $48.91 - $62.48
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package and incentives for employees in regular status positions.
Generous paid time off package, including:
- 12 hours of vacation accrued per month
- 8 hours of sick accrued per month
- 10 paid holidays and 1 personal day per year
Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
- Employer paid 6% PERS retirement contribution
- OPSRP members get vested after five years of contributions or when they reach age 65
- Other Retirement Savings Options that allow for additional retirement funds savings, including an option to contribute a portion of employee earnings on a pre or post-tax basis to a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- A Choice of Medical Plans that include chiropractic coverage, alternative care, vision and prescription drug coverage
- A Choice of Dental Plans
- Robust EAP and wellness programs, including gym discounts and wellness education classes
- Longevity pay
- A variety of additional optional benefits
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) County position represented by the American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME).
For more information and details about benefits, please visit the following link:
HOW TO APPLY:
Please review the entire job posting for detailed information about this position, including all the requirements.
CLACKAMAS COUNTY ACCEPTS ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY. To complete an online application & for more information, visit https://www.clackamas.us/jobs and click on the "Job Search" button.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Mike
- Possession of a Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer (P, E.) in the State of Oregon.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or an engineering field related to wastewater conveyance systems, pumping and treatment
- Thorough knowledge of and experience applying principles and practices of civil engineering
- Experience coordinating and overseeing the design and construction of wastewater conveyance system, pumping and/or treatment related capital improvement projects
- Experience interpreting, preparing and evaluating engineering specifications, plans, and reports that pertain to design and construction projects
- Strong Interpersonal skills that translate into the following:
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, including ability to work well within diverse team environments with staff clients, and stakeholders
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to work as well as ability to work well independently
- Ability to handle a wide range of situations and circumstances effectively, positively, and professionally
- Ability to quickly adapt to a fast-paced, continuously changing environment and shift and manage multiple, rapidly changing priorities accordingly
- Ability to handle a wide range of situations and circumstances effectively, positively and professionally
- Strong organizational dells
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with customers, contractors, vendors & the public
- Driving may be necessary for County business. See job posting for additional information about the driving requirement
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:•
- Experience In civil and/or mechanical engineering design, related to wastewater conveyance system piping, pumping and/or treatment