Click this link to apply for this position: Job Opportunities | Western Municipal Water District, CA (wmwd.com)
REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a minimum Wastewater Operator Grade 2 Certification and three years of experience working in a wastewater treatment plant environment.
THE OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN III / IV POSITION IS DEDICATED TO THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT AND MAY BE ASSIGNED TO THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
Western Riverside County Regional Wastewater Authority (WRCRWA) in Corona
Western Water Recycling Facility (WWRF) in Riverside
Western's vision is to integrate the best-in-business processes and business systems while developing a leading-edge workforce that continuously creates greater efficiency and value for our customers.
Western’s values include:
- Service Excellence
- Water Supply Reliability
- Fiscal Responsibility and Value
- Public Trust, Accountability and Transparency
- Environmental Stewardship
- Employee Empowerment
Are you looking to take your career to the next level at an agency committed to the vision and values above? Are you an experienced operator with progressive experience supporting a team dedicated to the maintenance of wastewater facilities? If you have skills focusing on the following areas, we invite you to submit your interest to be considered for this position:
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices related to the assigned functional areas of responsibility within a tertiary Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Operate and maintain treatment facilities
- Strong ability to operate and maintain equipment, associated with the day-to-day operations and maintenance of wastewater systems and facilities.
- Extensive use of modern office equipment including computer software applications related to the field of work.
- Utilize exceptional customer service and communication skills both verbally and in writing, with the ability to cultivate professional business partnerships and inspire team collaboration.
- Read and interpret blueprints, construction designs and drawings and hydraulic/pneumatic schematics.
- Perform heavy manual labor.
The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge and capabilities to coordinate repairs and maintenance with internal support systems. In addition, the position requires prior hands-on experience and working knowledge of troubleshooting (from an Operator’s perspective): wastewater systems including mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation component of the systems.
The selected candidate will be placed in the Operation Technician series level which is commensurate with current experience.
Individuals within the Operations Technician series can expect to perform routine to complex duties related to the operation of District wastewater facilities. Incumbents to the series will be assigned to a Department within the Operations function.
Operations Technician III
The Operations Technician III is the full journey-level class in the Technician series. Under minimal guidance and direction, incumbents carry out duties and assignments requiring full technical knowledge and skill in the work of an assigned unit. Incumbents work under general supervision while exercising independent judgment within established functions and procedures.
Operations Technician IV
The Operations Technician IV is the advanced-level class in the Technician series. Under general direction, incumbents work independently to carry out duties and assignments requiring advanced technical knowledge and skill. Incumbents exercise independent judgment in the interpretation of procedures and regulations, participate in special projects, and provide training to entry or journey level employees. Incumbents may provide oversight of operational areas or subordinate staff as assigned.
Incumbents within the Operations Technician series report to an Operations Field Manager. or Operations Supervisor. Operations Technicians may receive general direction from a Senior Operations Technician I/II.
District employees are expected to work overtime, weekends, evenings and holidays as required to accommodate the District needs, in addition to responding as a Disaster Services Emergency Worker.
Visit Job Opportunities | Western Municipal Water District, CA (wmwd.com) to see the full job listing and to apply for this position.