Job Requisition ID
Washington Water Service
The Engineering Technician is to perform variety of professional duties in support and maintenance of Washington Water Service's Asset Management and Geographic Information System databases and capabilities. This position is located in Lacey, WA.
- Proficiency in ESRI’s Geographic Information Software and knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management Software
- With specific direction from an engineer or supervisor, creates construction level drawings in CAD
- Conducts research on existing infrastructure using databases, maps, drawings, photos and paper files, with limited support
- Communicates with WWS employees from other groups, departments, and districts to collect data, complete requests, and coordinate as necessary
- Properly documents work and maintains records in databases and paper files.
- Operates specific hardware such as large format printers and scanners
- Work with other technicians to complete topographic surveys in the field using GPS devices
- Utilizes enterprise asset management systems to maintain asset registry and monitor work management
- Performs validation on data ensuring integrity and conformance with specifications
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, budgeting, and records management using data systems
- Maintains accurate and complete records of WWS GIS data using GIS and other software
- Under limited direction from supervisor performs a variety of difficult technical editing duties to maintain WWS GIS datasets
- Follows established procedures to generate WWS specific mapping products such as static maps, web maps, datasets, tables, charts, or reports to meet customer requirements
- Provide support for establishment of QA/QC procedures and techniques
- Researches source documents such as as-builts, map corrections, and easements to verify the completeness prior to GIS input
- Operates a provided company vehicle for travel to field locations
- Commitment to the Company’s Continuous Improvement process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or vocational certificate in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- GIS/database experience desirable
- AutoCAD drafting experience desirable
- Strong computer skills and/or programming experience desirable
- Knowledge of contemporary office equipment (scanners, copier, plotting, etc.)
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Basic knowledge of water, wastewater systems, assets, algebraic calculations and scientific terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organized and detail-oriented
Salary Range: $54,300 - $99,000
Deadline to submit resume is Wednesday, October 18, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply: https://apptrkr.com/4383124