WWTPII/WTPII Operator performs a variety of tasks and technical work required to operate and maintain both plants. Work involves operating, inspecting, and maintaining of plants and systems equipment; making required chemical tests and analysis; monitoring control and alarm equipment. This is a full time position and serves as a member of the WWTP & WTP Departments.
Employees may work overtime and are subject to 24-hour call during scheduled duty periods and emergencies; assistance with weekend coverage is a must; under the general supervision of the Chief Plant Operator.
- Operates WWT & WT Plants & related equipment.
- Assists w/ maintenance of plants equipment & facilities/
- Performs collection of laboratory samples for testing & use of chemicals.
- Maintains operator logs.
- Perform required calculations.
Completion of high school or equivalent and 2 to 5 years of experience. Two years of college or Associates Degree and/or 2 to 5 years’ experience.
- At minimum, must possess WT/WWTP II certification from the State of California
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- A strong mechanical background is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Grade II WWTP license from the State of California. Shall also possess a valid Water Treatment Operator T-2 license (or have the ability to acquire one within 6 months of hire) from the State of California.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City laws and regulations relating to all aspects of the performance of this position.
- Thorough knowledge of attendant laboratory test equipment and procedures for collecting and testing wastewater samples.
- Working knowledge of the principals and application of electrical motors and hydraulic equipment and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to analyze wastewater and water test results and determine adjustments needed to increase, decrease or stabilize processes and gains accurate and necessary information for required records and reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of proper safety issues related to WWTP and WTP operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other agencies and the public.
- Must pass background check and drug test.
- Compensation DOQ. $26.58-$32.31 per hour
- “Classic” membersCalPERS 2% @ 60
- PEPRA members CalPERS 2% @ 62
- Fully covered employee only medical, dental and vision benefits.Employee plus dependents at
- 90% - 10% sharing.
- Annually 80 hours vacation, 12 holidays, 2 floating holiday’s and 96 sick leave hours.
The City of Nevada City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates must apply by December 14, 2018 by 4pm. To apply online go to http://www.nevadacityca.gov/ or email Nevada City employment application, resume and copies of applicable certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit at 317 Broad Street, Nevada City, CA 95959.