Loudoun Water is a public water and sewer utility has an immediate opening for a Shift Supervisor at the Water Reclamation Facility located in Ashburn, VA.
This individual will supervise the operation of various biological, chemical, and physical unit processes such as ENR, membrane bio reactors, carbon filtration, ultraviolet disinfection and biosolids dewatering to comply with stringent water and air permits and supervise operations and personnel on a rotating shift. Experienced workers initiate their own daily assignments, follow through on matters, and use independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with recurring and nonrecurring situations. Candidates for this position will receive overtime each pay period when assigned to a rotating shift. Employees work on a rotating shift work 14 days in a 28-day cycle.
Essential job functions include:
- Supervising staff by assigning, reviewing work, and taking action to adjust work, staffing and operations to meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure employee safety, train and evaluate staff and take appropriate action to improve performance when necessary.
- Initiate actions regarding payroll, leaves, performance, and other personnel actions.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in areas of decision making, integrity, dependability, problem solving, team building, and mentoring. Confer with facility Supervisors regarding shift instructions and monitor facility from computer.
- Interpret facility data adjusting as needed ad complete shift paperwork.
- Perform facility preventative maintenance and operational duties as required. Review lab data, make operational changes, records operational changes and chemical deliveries in the logbook.
- Maintain and update standard operation procedure, safety and SDS books and policy book. Fill in for operators when necessary.
Requirements: Graduation from high school or GED, and seven or more years of progressively responsible experience in wastewater treatment that include supervision of facility operations. Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted.
Special Requirements: Possession of a current Virginia Class I Wastewater Operators License; Valid driver’s license. Work overtime as required to carry out job responsibilities and duties.
Loudoun Water is highly respected in the water/wastewater industry and offers highly competitive salaries and benefits and encourages professional development and advancement through training and educational opportunities. It’s a great place to work and grow!
To apply visit www.loudounwater.org