Madera-Chowchilla Water & Power Authority Job Announcement
Canal and Hydro Plant Assistant Superintendent
Starting Salary Range: $85,000 - $105, 000
Overview of Position: Under direction of the Canal and Hydro Plant Superintendent, incumbent is to assist with the management and operation the Authority’s hydro-electric plant and canal operations; assist with the development of canal and hydro plant operating policies and procedures; operates the Authority’s hydro-electric generating plants and the Madera Canal and Equalization Reservoir; communicates maintenance schedules for generating equipment; oversees Canal and Hydro Plant Operators. This recruitment is for succession planning purposes and selected candidate is meant to shadow and eventually replace current incumbent upon retirement.
Some Essential Duties include:
- Supervises personnel involved in the control of water flows in the Madera Canal.
- Ensures sufficient flows of water to operate hydroelectric power plants
- Ensures adequate flows of water to Madera Irrigation District (MID) and Chowchilla Water District (CWD)
- Maintains accurate records of water flows
- Supervises the maintenance of the canal and hydro plants.
- Conducts inspections of hydro-electric plant equipment in accordance with check lists provided
- Observes unusual conditions affecting plant operation and informs superintendent
- Makes recommendations for corrective measures to superintendent
- Communicates with MID and CWD operating supervisors and receives power and water dispatch orders
- Separates generator from the line on schedule and stops equipment
- Performs high voltage switching in a safe manner
- Assist with training designated personnel in routine plant operating principles and procedures
- Performs troubleshooting and maintenance on hydro-electric turbines amongst other equipment
Qualifications: High School diploma/GED and specialized training in electrical circuits and operation and maintenance of hydro-electric or large pumping plants. Four years of Hydro-Electric Plant Operator experience and/or 4 years’ experience involving operation and maintenance of an irrigation water delivery system or equivalent education and experience.
Licenses: Possession of a Class C California Driver’s License upon hire, and ability to obtain and maintain a Qualified Applicators Certificate with categories C and F within six months of hire date.
Full COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Employment (Medical/Religious Exemptions Considered)
How to Apply: Visit https://mcwpa.specialdistrict.org/ Public Information > Career Opportunities, print application materials. Return all documents to:
Madera Irrigation District
ATTN: Human Resources Department
12152 Road 28 1/4
Madera, CA 93637
Emailed and faxed application materials will not be accepted. Completed application materials must be received by Deadline: September 30, 2022, 4:00pm to be considered.
Madera-Chowchilla Water & Power Authority is an EOE, MFDV Employer.