At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR has an opportunity for a Water/ Wastewater Project Manager to support the continued development of our Nevada Water Programs. Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- Water/Wastewater Planning and Design experience
- Permitting and Agency Coordination requirements
- Development of Design Drawings and Specifications
- Development of Technical Reports
The Water/Wastewater Project Manager will provide client management and business development support, strategy and planning, as well as project and task management on water/wastewater projects. Specific responsibilities include: Design and production support on water pursuits, and project deliverables for various municipalities, counties, state / federal agencies and the industrial market sector. Will serve as project manager on projects, and will prepare proposals, scopes of work and contract cost estimates. Lead production and QA/QC review of design calculations and technical reports and lead preparation of engineering plans and specifications for water and wastewater projects. Will work independently as well as plan, organize, and supervise the work of teams of professionals and technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- PE required.
- 8+ years of Water and Wastewater experience is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- Experience in water/ wastewater planning and design is preferred.
- Experience with regional and state design criteria and water permitting requirements.
- Known entity in the Nevada market is a plus.
- Must have excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills and be able to manage multiple projects, resource loading, and budgets.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
- For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.