OUC – The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team. We are looking for self-motivated, creative professionals who can assist with achieving our vision of being recognized as the best utility in the nation. In addition, we are seeking individuals who are interested in working for a family friendly employer.
We are seeking an individual for a Regular position as a Project Engineer Water Resources in the Water Resources & Compliance Department of the Legislative, Regulatory & Compliance Division.
Responsible for water resource planning and regulatory compliance (primarily Consumptive Use Permits). Also, delivering projects related to existing and future water supply, including but not limited to: groundwater, conservation, reclaimed water, storm water and surface water. Coordinate, plan, and schedule assigned planning and engineering work.
Review and analyze existing constraints and proposed regulatory activity by water management districts and other relevant organizations that affect the OUC Consumptive Use Permits (CUP);
Monitor regulatory activity and constraints affecting the OUC CUP;
Manage special projects as needed;
Administer and execute regulatory permits;
Prepare project schedules and forecasts;
Coordinate and verify deliverables;
Plan and track all aspects of projects, as well as coordinate with other departments and agencies;
Assemble and review engineering contracts with the OUC legal department;
Perform various support activities of water related activities as needed;
Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field of study from an accredited college or university;
· Minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience in Water Systems and/or Water Resources
· Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred
· Valid Driver’s License
· Working knowledge of but not limited to, the following:
o FL rules and statutes related to water resources, primarily FL Department of Regulation and Water Management Districts;
o CUP submittal internally produced;
o CUP submittal externally produced, including groundwater models;
· Familiarity with all, but not limited to, the following:
o Invoices and time sheets;
o Software Applications (i.e. JDEdwards EnterpriseOne, OUC’s Graphic Information System, Cornerstone);
o Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices, and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances, and laws;
· Communicate effectively with co-workers, agencies, and consultants in order to accomplish business objectives;
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaborations;
· Organize and coordinate a wide variety of activities and simultaneous jobs;
· Analyze complex technical relationships and provide simple explanations;
· Basic understanding of statistics and databases;
· Ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, and compute rates, ratios and percentages;
· Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and standard office equipment (telephone, computer, copier, etc.).
This job is absent of disagreeable work conditions.
This job requires constant typing, reading, writing, detailed inspection. This job requires standing, walking, and sitting, occasionally driving a company vehicle.