U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 500 employees in six states.
Planning, coordinating, and supervising of daily functions of all maintenance personnel responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating, installing, performing or contracting and documenting preventive, corrective, and reactive maintenance of all treatment plants, and related treatment facilities, collection and distribution systems.
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Ensures safety measures are maintained and safety training is conducted
- Perform duties necessary to support the operations and maintenance divisions
- Coordinates, assigns, and reviews daily work and establishes work schedules, develops and maintains standards, monitors status of work in progress, inspects completed work assignments, answers questions, gives advice and direction as needed
- Responsible for maintenance and /repair of critical Infrastructure to include but not limited to water treatment and distribution system (pumps, motors, pipelines, lift stations, screens, reuse, drainage systems, electronics, mains, manholes etc.) Responsible for ensuring safe practices and procedures, preventative/predictive maintenance schedules, planning and coordination of activities with other departments
- Perform routine maintenance activities on distribution and collection systems, makes repairs to water or wastewater lines to include laying and caulking pipe, cutting pipe, tapping mains and service lines, installing and setting meters, and flushing and evacuating clogged wastewater lines. Performs semiskilled and skilled installation, maintenance, and repair of valves, meters, gauges, pumps, and associated equipment used in water or wastewater collection systems.
- Assists in excavating work site as required facilitating installation, maintenance, or repair of water, reclaimed water or wastewater lines and restoring site to original condition when work is complete.
- Operates light construction equipment such as backhoe, dump truck, jet truck, pickup truck, jack hammer, or boring machine.
- Performs and assist with inspections of new construction, infrastructure maintenance and repair services; must have the ability to operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Purchases materials, tools and supplies, as required, providing justification and supporting recommendation(s)
- Analyzes work performed, addresses backlog and any resource gaps to make sure all projects meet the deadlines
- Makes recommendations and prepares quotes or other backup material for maintenance projects
- Provides support to the maintenance manager on quotes and proposal as needed
- Maintains the mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation systems for water and sewer treatment plants, lift stations, water sources, collection and distribution systems and any other utilities related equipment, as required or assigned
- Reviews, amends, changes, develops, and recommends policy and standard operating procedures (SOP's) for the division and/ or department
- Assists in budget preparation and administration of the approved budget, which may include written reports, data for presentations or analysis, performing data analysis to support recommendations for resources and increased efficiency/ effectiveness
- Oversees divisional training including safety, technical training, and other training as required
- Uses technology such as a tablet, laptop, smart phone, work order/ asset management system, financial system, Microsoft Office products as needed, to assist with and/ or complete work assignments
- Performs related work as assigned
- Directs work, counsels, disciplines, and completes employee performance evaluations and any required administrative work
- High school graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and/or electrical field and knowledge as described below
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida state driver's license and clean driving record
- Knowledge of utility mechanics, repair, installation and maintenance
- Knowledge of electrical safety, trench safety, and workplace safety practices and procedures, to include but not limited to, lockout/tagout
- Required knowledge and experience is normally obtained through the completion of a curriculum resulting in either a High School Diploma or GED, and five (5) to seven (7) years work related experience as/in Mechanic, Pump and Motor Mechanic, Construction Management or related field are required
- Good computer skills, Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project
- Work requires the ability to read letters, memos, contracts, professional and industry literature, spreadsheets and other job-related analysis
- Work requires the ability to write letters and memos
- Work requires substantial independent judgment and decision-making. Must be able to monitor and assess operations, workload, projects, and staff performance
- Must be able to monitor and assess operations, workload, projects, and staff performance
- Must be able to research, compile and analyze data, and then present findings to management in an acceptable format
- Must exhibit attention to detail, accuracy, and safety
- Must be able to communicate and present oneself in a professional manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with his team and management, Federal, State and local governmental representatives, contractors, consultants and vendors
- Ability to read, interpret and understand schematics, blueprints and mechanical drawings/renderings
- Ability to work under high demands, short time constraints, and pressure of a fast-paced work environment
- Must obtain a water distribution license, wastewater collections certificate and back flow certification within 2 years of employment. Must show progression throughout the 2 year time period
- Ability to understand and follow written or verbal instructions and/or directions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, emails, and memos. Ability to write correspondence, instructions, memos, purchasing justification, develop and implement budgets. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small to medium group situations internally and externally to the company which includes to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to develop, deliver, and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and emergency situations.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience and market-reflective. US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401(k) with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group offers competitive wages and benefits and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.