Salary: $66,535.00 - $105,347.00 (Yearly Salary)
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent is required.
- Some college course work or advanced training is required in water operations, supervision, infrastructure management, or related subjects.
- Florida Class B Water Plant Operator’s Certification is required; Class A preferred; must be able to obtain Class A within one year of hire.
- A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
- Eight years of progressively responsible experience in water treatment plant operation is required; at least three years of experience should be in a supervisory role.
- Reverse Osmosis experience is preferred.
- Other combinations of experience and education may be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of water utility operations and management.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the Chief Water Plant Operator and Water Plant Operator positions.
- Knowledge of scheduling and managing a variety of concurrent tasks.
- Knowledge of leadership and supervisory styles and techniques.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to water production.
- Knowledge of hazardous chemical handling and proper emergency response to exposure.
- Ability to supervise effectively in order to achieve desired work results.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to read, understand and follow operations and maintenance manuals.
- Ability to understand and perform basic math.
- Ability to use computer for writing reports, recording data, E-mail and Internet.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage staff under stressful situations.
- Ability to operate specialized computer systems used in water production and distribution.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare clear and concise reports regarding plant operation.
- Ability to work cooperatively with utility staff, management and the general public.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to determine the best course of action in a variety of circumstances.