Description: The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality has a full-time opening for a Water Quality Regional Manager (Principal Executive Manager E) for our Pendleton office.
Salary: 5,828.00 – $8,581.00 Monthly
What you will do!
The Water Quality Regional Manager manages two of the Region’s environmental programs related to water quality: NPDES and WPCF permitting. The position oversees the work of seven staff who are a mix of permit writers, inspectors, engineers, and administrative staff. The manager ensures that program deliverables are met related to inspections, permit issuance and other critical regional implementation work. The manager also participates with other water quality program managers in identifying program and policy priorities, managing the program budget, and determining the best way to implement the Water Quality Permit program. This position also serves as the Pendleton office manager ensuring that the office runs in an efficient and effective manner. The manager also serves on the Eastern Region Management team ensuring cross media issues are taken into consideration in the course of their work.
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to supervise and collaborate with technical and professional staff to resolve complex, environmental issues while promoting environmental awareness. We offer full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and 10 paid holidays a year. If you have strong organizational, personnel management and planning skills with a desire to make a difference for all Oregonians, apply today!
This is a full-time, exempt, management services-supervisory non-represented position, located at DEQ’s office in Pendleton.
This recruitment may be used to fill more than one and future vacancies.
What are we looking for?
- The following management experience:
- Three (3) years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies; b) development of long- and short-term range goals and plans; c) program evaluation; and d) budget preparation; OR
- Two (2) years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies; b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans; c) program evaluation; and d) budget preparation AND 45-48 quarter hours (30-32 semester hours) of graduate level coursework in management; OR
- Three (3) years of professional experience as a program/project leader, assigning and reviewing work of professional staff (e.g. engineers, etc.) including project responsibility for developing goals and objectives, project evaluation, and monitoring and controlling or preparing a budget.
- Experience in the field of water quality
- Environmental permitting experience, preferably water quality permitting
- Ability and experience managing human, financial, and informational resources in a manner that instills employee and public trust and accomplishes the organization’s mission
- Knowledge of management strategies and techniques and basic human resources practices (including performance management, workload distribution, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Ability and experience establishing performance measures that ensure accountability and continuous improvement
- Experience in employee development and team building
- Experience in establishing and tracking program budgets
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Regulatory enforcement experience
- Office/facility management experience
- Remote supervision experience (as supervisor or employee)
- Strong organizational and proactive planning skills
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced technical environment
How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, click on this link: Water Quality Regional Manager (Principal Executive/Manager E) then please follow the “Apply” link above and complete the online application and all supplemental questions.
- Please be sure to attach a resume and cover letter.
- Initial screening of applications will be completed on the 2nd week of the posting on Monday, May 6th, 2019.
DEQ provides veterans’ preference points to all eligible veterans. For more information, please go here: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/Veterans.aspx.
If you have questions about the recruitment or need assistance to participate in the application process, please contact Mike Garcellano, Human Resources Analyst, at email@example.com or (503) 229-5021.
DEQ strives to create inclusive environments that welcome and value the diversity of the people we serve. DEQ fosters fairness, equity, and inclusion to create workplace environments where everyone is treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, physical stature, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, and any other factor applicable by state or federal law.