Salary: $67,996.20 - $82,649.81 annually
SAWPA seeks a Communications Specialist to perform routine to complex responsibilities in the development and execution of SAWPA’s diverse communication needs. Remote work is available by an agreement between the Department Manager and the employee.
Placement of the successful candidate will depend on the individual’s qualifications and experience. Applications will be competitively screened based on minimum qualifications of the position. Based on a review of the application materials, the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in interviews. Position is open until filled. The first review of applications will be Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
View Job Description
Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and abilities would be:
- Experience - A minimum of two years of related experience in marketing and/or communications. Specialized training or experience in graphic design is desirable. Developing outreach for a range of stakeholders, including underserved communities.
- Knowledge - ADA website compliance, documents, and multimedia.
- Proven results - Managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram) to reach a diverse audience.
- Training/Education - Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or related fields.
- License - A valid California class C driver's license, which must be maintained throughout employment with the agency.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, visit https://sawpa.org/employment-opportunities/ for instructions on how to apply.