Covington Water District has an opening for performing engineering and construction management related functions within the District, specifically design implementation; plans review of capital and developer projects; construction inspections; inspecting installations, coordinating new construction activities; coordinating the District's capital engineering projects with consultants, as well as state and local agencies.
$40.29 - $54.39 per hour w/o P.E.
$42.30 - $57.11 per hour w/P.E.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides thorough and reliable plan review services and communicates findings to professional level engineers, surveyors and regulatory agencies as well as internal stakeholders.
- Reviews plans and specifications for water system improvements and extensions.
- Lead pre-construction meetings and inform contractor of District requirements.
- Review materials submittals, bond inspections, create deficiencies list, visit sites, create bill of sales, as-builts and assist with project closeouts and bond releases.
- Review pay estimates and change orders for capital improvement projects.
- Apply problem solving alternative construction methods and materials as necessary.
- Applies engineering knowledge to the solution of technical municipal water system development and repair projects.
- Assist with hydraulic modeling.
- Assists in maintaining standard plans and specifications.
- Assists the public, developers, consultants, engineers and others.
- Performs project construction related surveying, GPSing and inspects work in progress.
- Assists in solving construction-related problems.
- Works directly with outside consultants and contractors concerning District standards and other engineering design and construction requirements. Helps guide developers through the District review and approval process.
- Assist with applicable records retention and destruction according to the parameters set by the Records Management Program.
- Overtime and work outside of normal business hours may be required.
- May perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Experience/Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree, 0-4 years related experience in water or sewer utility facilities, and valid Washington State driver’s license.
Benefits: The District offers a full benefits package to include paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), full family health insurance paid 100% by the District, State of Washington PERS retirement program, Disability, Life, EAP, HRA VEBA, and tuition assistance.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit online at www.covingtonwater.com a completed District Application with cover letter. The deadline to submit your information is ‘open’. We will notify applicants invited to participate in the interview process by phone or email.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.