San Juan Water District Seeks a Distribution Operator II
The Distribution Operator is part of the Field Services team, assisting with activities related to pipeline construction, meter installation and repair and the general maintenance and repair of the wholesale transmission and retail distribution pipelines. Duties include:
- Excavating mains and operating pneumatic tools.
- Operating system valves resulting in shutting down mains for required repairs.
- Complying with the California Department of Public Health Code of Regulations, Title 17 and Title 22.
- Complying with CalOSHA safety regulations and the District’s IIPP program.
- Complying with NPDES permit regulations.
- Complying with SWPPP regulations.
- Identifying and repairing leaks.
- Operating light equipment.
- Assisting in the repair and installation of meters.
- Setting up traffic control devices prior to the performance of street activities; directing and controlling traffic around work sites.
The Ideal Candidate…
To be considered, candidates should be knowledgeable of the basic use and purpose of general construction tools and equipment, principles of customer service, and have the ability to operate and maintain field operations equipment and tools necessary to perform the duties. The qualifications include:
Graduation from high school or equivalent and one year of experience performing duties equivalent to Distribution Operator I with San Juan Water District.
Possession of a valid California motor vehicle operator’s class C license.
Possession of a Grade II Water Distribution Operator Certificate from the State of California.
The salary range is $29.90 - $35.88. In addition, the District offers competitive benefits which include District contribution to CalPERS retirement, medical, dental and vision for employee and dependents; District paid life insurance; 12 paid days of sick leave; 11 paid holidays; and paid vacation depending on length of service. In addition, the District provides retiree health benefits with 50% of the premium paid with 10 years of service and an additional 5% with each year of service up to 100% with 20 years of service.
To be considered for this position, please submit a District application, resume and cover letter, and three professional references to Shellie Anderson at Bryce Consulting. The position is open until filled with the first screening taking place at the close of business on January 17, 2022.
Bryce Consulting, Inc.
Visit the District’s website at www.sjwd.org for an application.