** IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE VISIT https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd AND SUBMIT AN ONLINE JOB APPLICATION BEFORE THE CLOSING DEADLINE OF FEBRUARY 24, 2019.**
The Irvine Ranch Water District is accepting applications for a Water Maintenance Supervisor who under general supervision coordinates and plans the installation, replacement, repair, modification and maintenance of potable and recycled water distribution infrastructure. The successful candidate also coordinates work crews engaged in complex tasks relating to installation, replacement, repair, modification and maintenance of major pipelines and facilities in a large metropolitan water and recycled distribution.
Summary of Duties:
- Supervise and participate in the work of Field Services staff.
- Evaluate, select, train, plan and direct the work of staff engaged in the installation and relocation of major water distribution pipelines, meter systems and related appurtenances to include the repair of facilities such as sewers and drains damaged during completion of work.
- Exercise independent judgment when making decisions involving specific job functions of pipeline shutdowns, which could affect District operations or the public.
- Inspect the work site to plan for terrain features, access to materials, special equipment needed and difficulties, which may be encountered.
- Coordinate daily activities with city or county inspectors or other District departments to minimize damage to public or private property as well as minimizing inconvenience to the public.
- Train and assist subordinate staff in emergency repair and maintenance activities.
- Determine labor, materials, equipment and supplies are required to perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for time sheets, maintenance work orders, field activities related to crew activities.
- Maintain daily and weekly logs, reports and initiate purchase requisitions and warehouse material sign out sheets (with proper account coding).
- Communicate effectively with all levels of office/field employees, management, customers and vendors. Represent the District in a professional manner when dealing with customers, outside contractors and agency officials. Provide advice and interpretation to others on the proper application of policies, procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Review and evaluate assigned staff performance on a timely basis.
- Recommend salary adjustments, promotions or disciplinary action for assigned staff.
- Participate in scheduled emergency standby program.
- Perform complex task in the installation, testing, calibrating and repairing of all sizes of meters in the domestic, recycled and untreated water systems.
- Supervise the progress of Leak Detection and Meter Maintenance programs by monitoring of leak detection and meter maintenance logs, computer programs and BMP meter testing.
- Coordinate water system maintenance and construction repairs/modifications with surrounding agencies and all IRWD departments.
- Responsible for identifying all domestic, recycled and untreated water systems for other utilities excavations.
- Supervise the progress of Field Services programs by daily monitoring of preventative maintenance logs, atlas maps and contact with the staff.
- Maintain daily and weekly work logs and maintenance files on valves, hydrants, hydraulically actuated valves and air-vacs
- Assist Construction Services work teams with traffic control, leak detection, USA and pipeline isolations.
- Responsible for field maintenance and inventory of vehicles, equipment and tools assigned to the Field Services program.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and three years of experience in water maintenance construction and repair including one year in lead capacity required.
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid Class C California Driver's License.
- State Water Resources Control Board Grade 3 Water Distribution Certification, and CWEA I Certification.
- Certificate of Achievement in operation and maintenance of automatic control valves desired. Must obtain within one year from hire date.
For a complete job description, please visit:https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd/classspecs?keywords=water%20maintenance%20supervisor
For more information regarding our benefits, please visit: https://www.irwd.com/about-us/retirement-and-benefits