Las Gallinas Valley Sanitary District (LGVSD) is located in the Las Gallinas Valley between central San Rafael and Novato. In 1955, our original wastewater treatment plant was constructed to address health problems associated with failing septic tanks in Santa Venetia. New development in north San Rafael resulted in annexation of Terra Linda in 1956, followed by other areas including San Rafael Meadows, Marinwood, Lucas Valley and other communities. Major plant expansions were built in 1958, 1972 and 1984. The latter increased capacity to 2.92 million gallons per day.